Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the series finale. Saturday morning at (ouch.) 6 AM.
Are any of you guys going to be there? I know JDAY has a chance of getting 1st overall in the SingleSpeed category, better be there my man!

·
Registered
588 Posts
I rode a few laps of the course this morning and it is fast. I was undergeared almost the whole time on my SS. You guys will have a blast! I will probably see you guys tomorrow so let me know if you need help with handing water bottles or anything. Good luck!

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great race guys!

Thanks to Robin Brown for putting these things on. What a great turnout, a huge gathering of racers. The course was fast and furious with a cool grand prix format. Pretty much ALL PEDALING as much as you could for 27.5 miles. SWEET!
We raised over 700 dollars for the NVCCF.ORG with our TRANCE X frame raffle. It was a pleasure chatting a racing with the local guys and gals as always. Hopefully next years series is as good or even better. See ya then, or for the guys doing the CACTUS CUP, in a few months.

Oh yeah, our team results. My man JDAY pulled off a 3rd place finish for the series( i think?) and halfwheeler did 2nd. Both in the single speed class. I managed to pull off a 3RD place series finish for CAT 2 open class.I finally got a nice little wall plaque!
PMF, what did you guys get overall?

·
Registered
52 Posts
i would also like to thank robin and everybody else that helped put this race and series on, im sure its not easy ,im sure theres hella lot of work to be done behind the scenes with the blm. you guys put on a great series. i just wish you guys and gals could put on a series in the fall. one year is is a long way away but ill be there, and my 7 year old nephew who got to race his first mtb race around the parking lot after recieving his first mountain bike just days ago, had a great time .and is wanting more singletrack.. that to me is awesome. you guys and gals kick ass. and this last race coure was baddasss 4 laps of go fast.. i wish we could do it every weekend,now i have to go back to keepin my legs shaved and boring long road rides... this series made me realize that mountain biking is still my love

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I here ya yeti

Maybe a second race late in the year. Stay tuned for info on the return of the NIGHT OWL race. I myself will be going back into "roadie mode" for a bit to. It's just much easier to accomplish a nice ride at 5AM from the house during the summer. I did a 45 mile "recovery" ride this morning to get it going. What side of town are you on? Do you get out to the lake or Boulder city often?

·
Registered
52 Posts
night owl race?if its at night or during the day or in somebodys backyard in the night and day im down when it comes around im sure ull put the word out..dude, i live in the summerlin area all my rides consist of the red rock area which are 2 light years away from where you are at horizon . but i would love to ride with you sometime.especially that searchilght ride what group rides do u guys do over at jts maybe i could make it apoint to get over there for a group ride.45 mile recovery ride. what did that consist of .my 45 mile recovery ride consisted of going to blockbuster and getting 2 days worth of movies eating ice cream and not looking at my bicycles and not answering the phone.. on a serious note i thought i seen you guys have regurally weekly rides

·
Registered
52 Posts
p.s. yes it is way easier to ride straight out of the house on a road bike, you can get in 20 miles before you and your buddy get both bikes secure on the rack,talk about what trail you are going to ride where yor going to stop to get gas beer and water and what kind and how much beer your going to buy. once you figure that out u still have to drive to the parking lot, get dressed argue about what trail you are going to ride.. and both agree to get back to the truck as soon as poosible because its beer time

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
funny

:lol:
yeti5751 said:
p.s. yes it is way easier to ride straight out of the house on a road bike, you can get in 20 miles before you and your buddy get both bikes secure on the rack,talk about what trail you are going to ride where yor going to stop to get gas beer and water and what kind and how much beer your going to buy. once you figure that out u still have to drive to the parking lot, get dressed argue about what trail you are going to ride.. and both agree to get back to the truck as soon as poosible because its beer time
That's about right.:lol:
Check your PM

1 - 16 of 16 Posts