Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 517 Posts

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for the second week in a row I've run in to a guy at a local night ride aboard a Leviathan. He claims he owns it (and loves it more than any bike he's owned) as a direct result of the boards here. He also has 2 other big wheeled bikes also now. He said he's never actually posted though, only lurked. Horrors!
We'll never be able to capture the magnificence of a new Lenz.
Never be able to cajole him to trim headtube or shorten his chain or whatever...

So if there's one..there must be more!

"Attention All Lurkers....please report to the 29er board immediately. Man up. Stand up and be counted.
Let us know where you're at in your current lurkish status:
A: Lurking and waiting not ready to commit yet
B: Lurking and owning. Post a pic of your big wheeled beauty! (unless it has a thudbuster, then post a pic of your big-wheeled not-so-beauty)
C: Lurking and gorging. I own more than one big wheeled bike.

Seriously boys..time to dig out the digi cam and share the love!

(Dark Helmet...this means you too...start w/ the One 9...and move on from there...)

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
It's B for me!

Ordered my second custom sheep (in 26" version) then stood around as my 29er buddies TRIED fitting 29ers on my new beauty. I used to be "A" as I have lurked but no posts. So here is my new baby...glad she grew longer legs!! Enjoy the pics, the I9's are coming as this wheelset is a loner from a buddy.
Disclaimer; Ed, they asked for it, I didn't post the pic on my own this time!!:skep:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
How about "none of the above"?
I seem like a lurker, but I do post, it just ends up going to the bottom of the list... I guess I just don't post anything of intrest? :confused:
Plus, I can't seem to figure out how to shrink down the pic of my inbred to post on here

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
miSSionary said:
Ordered my second custom sheep (in 26" version) then stood around as my 29er buddies TRIED fitting 29ers on my new beauty. I used to be "A" as I have lurked but no posts. So here is my new baby...glad she grew longer legs!! Enjoy the pics, the I9's are coming as this wheelset is a loner from a buddy.
Disclaimer; Ed, they asked for it, I didn't post the pic on my own this time!!:skep:
So....

How's it ride with big wheels compared to small?

·
2,856 Posts
miSSionary said:
Now see that's a damn fine start to this thread miSSionMan, although I'd never call you a lurker, your skills with the smiley guys is a dead giveaway that you're an experienced poster :thumbsup: And an irrepressible showoff! ;)

And now you have I9's on order! Determined to out-bling Mateo aren't you. After seeing your ride with the Brooks saddle I have decided that it's time for me to seriously consider getting one.

Nice job and welcome to the 29'er world!

Ed E

·
CP
198 Posts
A: Lurking and waiting not ready to commit yet...

'Obese from "gorging" on bikes for over 20 years. I see a couple familiar users here that visit the forum I frequent (nemba) - Hey AOF, MMcG, AA.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
toddre said:
How about "none of the above"?
I seem like a lurker, but I do post, it just ends up going to the bottom of the list... I guess I just don't post anything of intrest? :confused:
Plus, I can't seem to figure out how to shrink down the pic of my inbred to post on here
Even if you don't have a fancy photo program you should have Paint on your (Windows) computer. Just open the file in Paint and under Image go to Stretch/Skew and make it like 75%, 50%, 25%, etc. (depending on how large it is to begin with) for horizontal and vertical. Resave, and voila. You have a resized photo.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Posting elsewhere, lurking here and the SS forum quite a lot.

Ready to commit but the bike won't be available until 15 Dec. Waiting on a Raleigh XXIX. First 29er, First SS, Second steel frame.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Debaser said:
So....

How's it ride with big wheels compared to small?
I love it!! No lags where I thought like climbing/turning...LOVE IT!!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Thanks Ed...now GO GET A BROOKS!! Your steed needs to don one too!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have been lurking for a little more than a year.:D I was looking for a custom steel fork for my small wheel bike, and found this site. THEN I started to read about 29ers, and liked what I found.:thumbsup: The big wheels fix everything that I did not like about my 26” wheels.:thumbsup: I did get a WaltWorks fork for my little wheel bike. It is a sweet fork, and I can and do recommend Walt to anyone interested!:thumbsup:

The hard part was convincing the wife that I needed a new bike:madman:, not an easy job!

I now do not consider myself as a lurker any more though!:D The bad news is that there are no pictures, yet.:eek:

I have a new Badger in the works.:) Rob and I are just starting to work out the details, so stay tuned. I will post pictures as I get them.

Yes it was a hard decision between a Badger and a WaltWorks. I went with the Badger because I like fillet welds (what can I say) and the weight time had some to do with the decision too. I figured that I could not go wrong with either Rob or Walt.

Wayne

·
Registered
452 Posts
Here's my singlespeed.

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Wheel Tire

But the frame is for sale in the classifieds because I took a bunch of the parts off of it to use for this.

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been quietly watching for a couple months now. I've decided on a Redline Monocog that I found a few weeks back at the LBS. I just had a baby last Sunday so I'll have to hold off for a few more weeks. Hopefully no one else buys it.

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
NurdBoy said:
Lurking is easier and faster than posting. People here seem to get too tied up in posting stuff. I think I'll keep on lurking and riding more on one of my three 29ers...
you've come so far!

lurking is like stealing internet from your neighbor...you can do it...but it's just lame.:D

·
Mmmmmm Beer!
617 Posts
I once lurked but now I give my two cents when I can. I'm still not sure about the whole 29er thing though. I can't imagine getting rid of all my old bikes just so I can have only 29er's. Maybe someday....

1 - 20 of 517 Posts