Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we've been experimenting with these visor's for several months now, so I thought I'd share this.

If you've ever had to climb something steep out of the saddle and noticed the light projecting up into your eyes, you might like this. The visor keeps the light out of your eyes and helps focus it in front of you. These are still prototypes, but you get the idea.

Kind of hard to show a beam shot of what it would look like when the light spills up into your eye's... So I added two shots in my back yard so you can see the difference in having the visor off and on.

The first is with them off, and the second is on. Notice the difference in the beam pattern.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
So we've been experimenting with these visor's for several months now, so I thought I'd share this.

If you've ever had to climb something steep out of the saddle and noticed the light projecting up into your eyes, you might like this. The visor keeps the light out of your eyes and helps focus it in front of you. These are still prototypes, but you get the idea.
I like the idea, it happens to me from time to time when I have to go forward more than usual...
Remember trying not to affect the side "spill" ;) (just a suggestion)
B

·
she keep you buying rats
300 Posts
Are these Lupine's deisgn ...or Gretna's??

It looks like overkill on the amount of material. A 3/4" strip of old innertube and a piece of tape is what I've used.
;-)

·
Banned
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Again, these are just proto's that us, Gretna, have been playing with. The pink color is just proto. We've been talking about making a batch of dark red next.

The airflow hasn't been an issue. As long as you actually ride with it on, no problems. The silicone that they're made of transfers heat very well. Whenever I finish riding, the lamp feels no more hot then normal.

We have been thinking of a way to make the inside reflective too.

I can see from the photo's that the side spill is a little comprimised, but you don't notice it while your riding. All of us testing these things have helmet mounted lights too, so the side spill isn't noticed while riding.

Overkill...? It's only a little bit of silicone, and it would even help a "little" if you wrecked on the lamp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.