Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has the Betty upgrade yet, please let us know what your thoughts are, and what you think about the before versus the after.

How much brighter, is it wider, was it easy to install the upgrade, and of course, any pics you have would work quite well. There are very few of these upgrade out there but I'm sure someone here has one.:)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hi flyer I got mine a while back. The install is easy, just make sure to have a clean working area with plenty of light as the screws are tiny. Keep the new parts and old parts separate so you don't mix up the lenses and take your time. After I finished I had to take mine back apart b/c I looked at the new lens and it looked cracked, but it ended up being a piece of lint underneath the lens. I gave it it quick shot with some air and it fixed it right up.

The new output is really incredible especially the reach. It is hard to compare the new beam to the old in terms of width b/c I am going off memory now, but it seems about the same or slightly wider and just so much more intense now. If they make a wider lens I would want to try it out, b/c even though you would lose some distance there is plenty to spare. I have only tested it around the back yard and neighboring field, but it is easy to see that the new output is so much more than the old that it is almost ridiculous. I have it hooked up to the Lupine headband for the Winter as my trails are too snowed over to take the bike out. I also noticed in the lights shootout the old Betty 1400 measured 68 lux and the new Betty 1750 measured 165 lux. :eekster:

·
Registered
9,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I heard the upgraded beam was pretty intense but wanted some first-hand feedback.

I'm also planning on hooking up the Betty or Tesla to the headband for some snowshoeing in the backcountry while these local trails refreeze or dry up. It has been an expensive few months so it's good to hear from someone who actually has the upgrade in hand. I did see francois' video and the new Betty's beam is now like a bright car headlight. :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
The video and even the pictures don't do justice to the upgraded Betty. You have to go outside with it and start lighting things up at great distances to really appreciate it.:) I suspect the spot in the Tesla beam will be lost in the Betty's beam, but the super wide spill will still be noticed I'm sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.