Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's my new Lunch Box / rock crawler / bulldozer. I posted an action pic in the F34 fork thread a few weeks back and several people PM'd me about the bike, So here it is...

Built as light as possible (just a hair over 30 lbs) for CO climbing, yet still burly enough for super-tech terrain. Wait time approx 7-8 months. Features: tapered head tube, direct mount front derailleur, 150mm x 12mm Maxle rear.

The bike literally eats anything I can throw at it. It would be great to have another 10mm up front, but I'm liking the performance and stiffness of the new F34. The XTR Trail parts are as expected, functionally flawless & light weight. The new Shadow Plus rear derailleur with resistance switch, combined with the MRP 2x chain/bash is like a chainless downhill on the gnarly stuff - which is primarily where this bike lives. The 2012 RS Reverb is tighter and faster than the previous version. The fully internal headset really helps keep the bars down - perfect for smaller frames.

As for the ride, I can't believe the rear stiffness of this beast. I'm sure the 150mm x 12mm rear is partially responsible, but the big rockers and short CS really make for rigidity I've not had on any other FS bike. It's also more flickable than any of my previous 29ers and climbs as well as my (now gone) DW Sultan. Simply put, the LB should be on your radar if you're looking for bigger travel... and bigger terrain.

Bike setup:
* Frame Size & Color: Med / Raw
* Rear Shock: Factory Series Fox Float RP23
* Fork: Fox F34 Talas
* Brakes: XTR Trail 180/160
* Shifter: XTR
* Cranks: XTR 2x
* Chainguide: MRP 2x
* Rear Derailleur: XTR M988
* Pedals: XTR Trail
* Stem: Chromag
* Handlebar: Haven Carbon
* Seatpost: RS Reverb
* Saddle: Specialized Henge Expert
* Bottom Bracket: XTR
* Cassette: XTR 11-36
* Headset: Cane Creek 110 Internal Tapered
* Grips: Ergon

MC Wheel Build
* Front Tire: Ardent 2.4
* Front Rim: Flow 32h
* Front Hub: Hadley 15mm / 32h
* Rear Tire: 2.35 Nobby Nic (replaced with Ardent 2.4)
* Rear Rim: Flow 32h
* Rear Hub: Hadley 150 / 32h

Bring on the Minion's!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
385 Posts
Wow- the best looking Lunch I've seen yet!...These are certainly growing on me...dig the Raw!
Very clean set-up- looks like a Party on wheels- can't imagine anything you couldn't ride- congrats!

·