Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Good news is cactus are in bloom.

New trail is being cut.

It was beautiful out with the distant rain.

Bad news is that I saw three wild fire trucks heading south and saw billowing smoke south of Eldorado Springs in the foothills. Odd that it wasn't white--more like diesel of heavy equipment.

·
Just go ride!
616 Posts
Nice pics, as always! Thanks Lidar.

Haven't heard anything about the fire yet...

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
andychrysler said:
Nice pix!
Haven't been up there in awhile - where's that new trail? Looks like headed south-ish up towards the mesa somewhere?
No wicked crashes?
It's the connector to Eldorado springs to the Fowler trail. Good stuff. It's near the bottom of the sweet singletrack on the Dowdy Draw trail about a quarter mile south of the West lot near Eldo. The photo is looking west from the bottom toward Eldorado Springs. My bike is heading north on the fast section with the little dips that you can G-out.

And yes there was super wicked exciting carnage. My wife crashed tonight on the Wild Turkey trail at Heil....Yes, I did another ride later today and thought about keeping the theme going but ....meh...

And thanks for the photo compliments. I feel lucky to get anything with my point-and-shoot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
... coal creek trail

If you can count the coal creek trail... I'm about 200 yrds from the trail system that gets me to Eldo while touching a max of .5 mi of pavement. :D

I sure hope they finish the Eldo/Walker connector..
Oh.. did you mean to the new trail :) ? I suppose from 128 and 93 it's about 2 mi?

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
I mean just being able to get out the house and ride dirt

grega said:
If you can count the coal creek trail... I'm about 200 yrds from the trail system that gets me to Eldo while touching a max of .5 mi of pavement. :D

I sure hope they finish the Eldo/Walker connector..
Oh.. did you mean to the new trail :) ? I suppose from 128 and 93 it's about 2 mi?
I'm still a 15 minute drive from my house in Westminster (I don't have the time or inclination to ride from my house) to get to High Plains, 25 min. to White Ranch, 45 min. to LOTB... so to be able to access dirt so close to your house seems pretty ideal. Back when I had friends living in Crested Butte it was insane how much riding could be had from their house without a ton of riding to be done just to get to the trails.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Standley lake

Where in Westminster? If you really need a dirt fix, you can ride around Standley Lake and the dog park on Simms. These are actually more fun on a CX bike.

·
Registered
185 Posts
lidarman said:
I
And yes there was super wicked exciting carnage. My wife crashed tonight on the Wild Turkey trail at Heil....Yes, I did another ride later today and thought about keeping the theme going but ....meh...
You forgot to have her take off her shirt so this one doesn't count.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.