Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am interested in building a second wheelset for my 29er. does anyone have any experience with stan's rims? the olympics look pretty nice but are they worth the extra money? i think i read that in order to run regular tubes you have to drill the valve hole, do they work with tubes without drilling the rim?do they work well as tubeless?
i am going to be using discs and maybe phils singlespeed hubs, not sure though.
any advice will be apprechiated.

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Stan's Rims

rlb said:
i am interested in building a second wheelset for my 29er. does anyone have any experience with stan's rims? the olympics look pretty nice but are they worth the extra money? i think i read that in order to run regular tubes you have to drill the valve hole, do they work with tubes without drilling the rim?do they work well as tubeless?
i am going to be using discs and maybe phils singlespeed hubs, not sure though.
any advice will be apprechiated.
They work great. I have run them tubeless and with a tube (no drilling required). No burps no issues running Exi's and Ignitors.

If Stan made a 28mm wide rim I would be in hog heaven :D

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Exi

kaolin said:
yo deezee do you run the wire bead or the folding exi's on the no tube rims??
Wire bead and it works great. Ran it as low as 25psi with no burps on rough technical terrain and I am 225lbs. This set-up works better than my old 26" UST rims and tires. I used just the rim tape (no rim strip) and could not be happier.

Enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.