Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
yeah my dad emailed me this story last night. I've ridden thoes trails a few times, and was fortuanate enough not to be taken out by this bastage. What a twisted individual.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Crap, I can't believe people do this! I'm surprised the rider who caught the guy didn't just do him right then and there. Would be hard to restrain myself if it was me. I hit some traps once, at a DH ski resort no less, and I was steaming about it for days after. jeez I'm getting angry just thinking about it :mad:

Does this qualify as a hate crime? They should try and make that stick, as well as the assault charges, this trail Nazi guy needs to go away for good.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
We were not out to beat him up or kill him. We just wanted him to stop."

man I would have punished him bad

·
Registered
317 Posts
I had folks put traps up where I used to jog as a teenager. I don't think it was any eco-terror thing, though.. probably just snotty kids. It was in a residential area with enough easements and such that people had turned the spaces into jogging/biking/dog walk trails. I hit a span of fishing string once... snapped and whipped a nice cut into my cheek. Another time someone had set short nails with wide, flat heads in a line and buried them in the dirt. I guess they were expecting bikers to only come through the area, but I stepped on one. I just got very lucky that the nail jabbed between my first and second toe and didn't actually go into my foot.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I am an eco-vigilante. I ride my bike instead of driving a car, and built my house from sustainable lumber and utilize full solar equip. ...but I would hang this guy by his own wires if I caught him. That's some restraint on behalf of the MTBer.

·
Live, Freeze, and Ride
315 Posts
I'm so mad now! Packin for a road trip to Texas...
If I caught him, I think I might've flipped my lid...intentionally hurting someone is so heinous...I might have castrated him with his own piano wire or better yet, snap his cojones in a bear trap!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I agree with Horus. I'm extremely environmentally concious... and I like to mountain bike. Any argument against mountain-bikes not being ecologically sound has long ago lost it's momentum. Stay on the trail. Don't litter. Take a look around and appreciate the scenery every once in a while and you're good. This guy did more damage with broken glass and wire than a rubber tire ever could.

·
Registered
624 Posts
so let me get this right... in an attempt to "protect" nature/the environment, this guy deliberately littered?

what a tool. this guy deserves whatever punishment he gets.

·
Samsonite Tester
3,993 Posts
He just wanted to protect the enviroment? Shouldn't he have been disabling cars?

Next excuse , and make it a good one this tme.

·
Crunchatize me Capn'
2,899 Posts
Remember that scene in Resident Evil where the guy is going through the hallway only to have both end doors lock down on him and then a laser net forms and he's sliced to small diamonds? I betcha' with all the wire he had I could have rigged something like that up! (and they say tv/movies don't incite violence =] )

·
Brackish
1,855 Posts
Best just to prosecute him, though. Most people with that motivation are violent and hateful by nature, but seem to have convinced themselves otherwise. So they find an excuse, like nature conservation, to justify doing what they wanted to do anyway: hurt other people. Getting violent with them just perpetuates violence, and a certain stereotype of riders.

·
~I Ride In Circles ~
1,629 Posts
That guy was a little too close to nature... what a nut.. I'm just really glad no one was killed...

I think that would qualify as a hate crime in some way..

·
The former Blue 'Goose
299 Posts
Hm..

He's very lucky no-one was killed by his idiocy - just the same they need to
set an example that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated.

It's still amazing no-one was sent to the hospital by the way of his actions.

Throw the book at him.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.