Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
emtb.pl
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, mounted it tonight and gave it a quick test and few jumps. It feels sooooo different to the rp23 it replaced... It's extremely soft but holds the sag in the 30% area. I will report more when I ride more.
That's the only way it will fit - checked w/o spring. Weights are in grams except the whole bike.
Product Electronic device White Bottle Technology

Product Red Bottle Technology Still life photography

Electronics Still life photography Bottle Glass bottle Cable

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Crankset

Bicycle accessory Metal Iron Cable Suspension

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Wow - I forget how light the air shocks are. You can shave a few grams off the coil... about 80g for $208 from DSP ti springs. I rode mine for the first time the other day and it feels exactly the same as the steel coil it replaced.

·
emtb.pl
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gticlay said:
Wow - I forget how light the air shocks are. You can shave a few grams off the coil... about 80g for $208 from DSP ti springs. I rode mine for the first time the other day and it feels exactly the same as the steel coil it replaced.
With the stiffer springs the gain is rather pathetic when you consider costs. I'll stick to steel unless someone weighs the titanium spring I am to buy and proves 150g gain minimum with a pic:/

·
Registered
528 Posts
krolik said:
Ok, mounted it tonight and gave it a quick test and few jumps. It feels sooooo different to the rp23 it replaced... It's extremely soft but holds the sag in the 30% area. I will report more when I ride more.
Still waiting for ride report.

·
emtb.pl
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jazzboy said:
Hi Krolik,

Did you not like the RP23 or is the CC just a try out to see which is better.

Cheers
I simply love the lt2 with rp23:p
CCDB is for the nomad2 I will be building in Jan but as both have same i2i and hardware...
I want to see how much of a difference it can make to have the rear tuned perfectly and CCDB offers increadible adjustability.
I want to know exactly how I want the rear to be if I decide to have the rp pushed.
If I can handle it I want to keep the LT but build it somewhat lighter with 32float and lighter wheels (but 650b stays)

·
emtb.pl
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chumbacabra said:
Still waiting for ride report.
Ok, all right, no need to push me around:p
I have some important stuff going at work in the moment ( which will hopefully allow me to keep the LT when nomad is finished as well:p) so no regular training but I've had around 150kms on it and some of my regular trail and jumping.
It is totaly different to the rp. Mainly because of all the work that is done inside the damper. I mean if you turn the hsc to min, you shoot straight to the bottom of the travel, if you turn it to max, you get 10mm of travel on the damper:p increadible when you compare it to the rc2 on my 36 talas, it feels like fox is an imposter in terms of hsc adjustability.
I don't need much of lsc or lsr on that frame as it just doesn't bob much. More lsr as there is some slight reminescence of the pedal kickback that was so horrible on the LT1 and Nomad1 in the granny.
I thought i will definietly use less hsc than factory setting as I usualy like less hsc but it just will not hold sag in 30% area with that 450spring unless you use some. But that seems the whole point of that damper that it doesn't relay an the spring as much as other designs. ( or so the theory says)
All in all I am in the process of tuning it to my needs and trying not to get that perfect rebound first. The hsr feels enough in the parking lot but occurs not enough when things get bouncy. Thing is most of stuff I do regularly is very smooth, not many rocks, just very fast, twisty and not many sharp edges, so when you land you want to use full travel but there's not much of repeted big hits, so you can have a tad more rebound and not suffer packing up. So more hsr than I expected.
I am sure I will tweak it little different for rocks and edgy technical stuff
It seems very responsive to preload (other things untouched) - even half a turn make the shock feel completely different which is weird considering the spring is somewhat lighter than in other designs.
And that would be it for now - more to come as I ride more.

·
emtb.pl
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gticlay said:
Not sure it's such a bad deal. Going from X9 to X0 Shifters costs over $7.50 per gram and I don't think the XO shifts better.
I know nothing about sram but going from XT rear der to XTR is probably even more expensive per gram but I find xtr so much more durable and crispier taht I didn't regret a second.
Still I was hoping a month ago 500 ti will save me at least 150g over 500steel:( seems life teaches you all the time.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
krolik said:
I know nothing about sram but going from XT rear der to XTR is probably even more expensive per gram but I find xtr so much more durable and crispier taht I didn't regret a second.
Still I was hoping a month ago 500 ti will save me at least 150g over 500steel:( seems life teaches you all the time.
The shifter or the der.??? I don't think the shifter makes a difference.

·
Registered
110 Posts
krolik said:
Hmm.... 250gr is very hard to believe:/ Can you post a pic of the spring weighed and details of the spring?
You can believe or not...it's not my business...:p

As you imagine, I'll not take off the shock out of the bike just for weight it 4u...
The coil is a RCS 400lb for My Nomad.

Ref:2540=354 gr

http://www.beyondbikes.com/BB/ItemDesc.asp?IC=RT2540

As you know, the CCDB is a custom build hand made shock,every single one is different to each other...maybe that's the reason for the 730-740 gr of mine...

The box:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts