Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Hei Hei in which I do all my local riding and XC racing and it's all the bike I need for riding at home. We are doing a camping trip to Snow Summit bike park at Big Bear this year and was thinking about getting a long travel HT 29er to do it in. Namely a Pole Taival with a DVO Diamond with 150-160mm travel. Bike build would be about $2k. Another option was to get a Canyon Torque Aluminum which is $2500 but the thing is that the Torque would be a miserably ride on my local trails compared to the Taival.

This is the kind of stuff they got at Snow Summit which does not look like I would be miserably on the Pole.

The Torque would end up sitting in my garage most of the year while the Taival would get more ride time.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
From what I remember...Snow Summit isn't too terribly technical. It has a lot of jumps...but nothing really super chunky. They have flow trail runs along with jump lines. I rode the lift with someone riding a dirt jump bike.

·
aka bOb
8,814 Posts
From what I remember...Snow Summit isn't too terribly technical. It has a lot of jumps...but nothing really super chunky. They have flow trail runs along with jump lines. I rode the lift with someone riding a dirt jump bike.
Yeah honestly it's super hard to tell from videos but most of the stuff I looked at I would hit with my 140mm trail bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.