Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why doesn’t it do anything? So many clicks, but very little effect.

It seems to be a universal problem on Pike’s ?

I was going to PUSH my forks, but I’m not sure the damper will give me the control needed?

I’ve got Open, Pedal, Firm, LSC and LSR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
420 Posts
Why doesn't it do anything? So many clicks, but very little effect.

It seems to be a universal problem on Pike's ?

I was going to PUSH my forks, but I'm not sure the damper will give me the control needed?

I've got Open, Pedal, Firm, LSC and LSR.

LSC only affects the Open mode. If you wind in all the way in, does it feel different to wound all the way out? If it doesn't, then your fork is borked.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the Charger 2 the LSC dial doesn't close anything. It just moves a rod up and down in a larger tube.

It's pretty much useless.
Thanks Dougal.

On a similar note, are Open, Pedal and Firm different degrees of LSC or are they actually changing HSC settings?

·
Read Only
2,101 Posts
The lsc on a charger 2 affects damping force across the whole range but only a small amount at low speed, so it isn't very noticeable especially just pushing up and down on the fork.

A lighter rider will feel the difference more than a heavier rider, who will struggle to get enough support out of the damper

Pedal mode is the same as max LSC, and firm increases the valving stiffness a huge amount to give it something of a "lock"

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
Thanks Dougal.

On a similar note, are Open, Pedal and Firm different degrees of LSC or are they actually changing HSC settings?

Pedal mode restricts the LSC circuit, lock mode closes it completely. It also uses chamber pressure underneath that to add additional force to the shim stack to stiffen it up.

IMO it's an interesting, clever, but useless arrangement.

Here's a cutaway of my RCT3 CAD model: http://instagr.am/p/BucWhdLFgwp/
*edit* Note the CAD model is missing a few o-rings, so you won't see all the oil control paths */edit*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.