Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When more LSC is added (on a fork for example), does this therefore make the HSC circuit open earlier?

ie, the LSC restricts initial oil flow, hence building up more oil pressure opening the HSC valve, so the more LSC you add, the quicker the pressure builds and the quicker the HSC opens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Biking Like Crazy!
1,466 Posts
Yes , your on the right track.
This was covered in one on the Vorsprung Tuesday tunes videos by Steve.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,880 Posts
When more LSC is added (on a fork for example), does this therefore make the HSC circuit open earlier?

ie, the LSC restricts initial oil flow, hence building up more oil pressure opening the HSC valve, so the more LSC you add, the quicker the pressure builds and the quicker the HSC opens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Theoretically, yes, but many OEM shock/fork tunes are so restrictive in their HSC that adding more LSC often just makes it harsher.

·
Underskilled
4,816 Posts
HSC is the curve created by your shims/poppets/whatever. LSC is the bypass that controls the transition up to this curve.

LSC cannot create more damping force than HSC will support.
So would I be right in thinking, if the shim stack is set perfect, then you would not need any LSC bleed or HSBC preload?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.