Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many here a brand loyal? If so, what brand?
Me personally, I like Trek. I like things to match on my bike,meaing, Shimano everything or SRAM everything...etc.... you?

·
Card-carrying wotmeister
853 Posts
Ah, same here. I never liked the Shimano/SRAM mixed components. In fact, I never liked SRAM.

For forks, I like Rockshox and Marzocchi.
For shocks, Fox and Marzocchi.
Lastly, brakes - Avid and Hayes.

I'm not really loyal to bike brands though.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I am loyal to brands that have provided me with excellent customer service and try to stick with their products.
WTB,Mountain Cycle,Manitou,Santa Cruz,Park Tool,Rock Shox,Hayes.

·
the unvarnished nonsense
1,832 Posts
nucmedjim said:
hmmmm....... your screen name would suggest Niner ....
That was the first thing I thought of as well. Of course, I have a Niner. But we're not brand loyal; 2 Titus, 2 Giants, 2 Treks, 1 Niner, 1 Control Tech, 2 Specialized, 1 Independent Fabrications, 1 Scwinn and any parts that work.

·
slow
7,794 Posts
No brand loyalty here. Rather than being loyal to a brand, I buy whatever works best for my needs, and whatever is priced right. I do have a few items / brands that I avoid, however, especially in tires.

I had a bike with SRAM cogs and chain, Suntour shifters, Shimano rear derailleur, Campy front derailleur, dia-compe brakes, Specialized cranks, Shimano rear hub and Nuke Proof front hub.

One of my current bikes has an Avid mechanical front brake and a Hayes hydro rear and a combination of Shimano and SRAM cogs on the rear, Shimano derailleurs and shifters, and Raceface cranks.

Another of my regular riders has a top mount Suntour front shifter, Rapid-Fire Shimano rear shifter with Shimano derailleurs, SRAM cogs and chain, Avid brakes (disc front, V rear), Magic Motorcycle cranks, and DT hubs.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Not any more.......

I used to be a big GT fan but when Pacific bought them years ago I lost interest. My current bikes are (2) Giant, (1) Santa Cruz, (1) Independent Fabrication. My wife has (1) Giant and (1) GT.

I am pretty loyal to Shimano but more because of the quality of performance than anything else.

·
Brackish
1,855 Posts
Transition for a great product and consistently excellent customer service, Deity for the same reason. Kona for reliable bikes, I've been riding Konas consistently for 14 years not one has failed me. Race Face for cranks, bashes, bars and stems and (in my experience, I know others feel differently) good customer service.

Brand I will loyally avoid due to consistently bad customer service over multiple interactions, Iron Horse.

·
!Vamos, flaco!
1,364 Posts
I go with what works until it doesn't anymore. So, for example, I'll ride WTB Nanos until I find something better or they get worse. I'll wear Giro helmets because they fit my head best. I owe companies nothing.

·
Gravity Tester
549 Posts
Loyalty implies that you'd stick with them through whatever (repeated failures, bad service, downgrades in quality or performance, unrealistic pricing, multiple recalls). That's crazy. As long as a manufacturer is making what works for me, they'll likely have my repeat business. If / when they stop meeting those needs, they're not earning my money any more.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Dangeruss said:
Loyalty implies that you'd stick with them through whatever (repeated failures, bad service, downgrades in quality or performance, unrealistic pricing, multiple recalls). That's crazy. As long as a manufacturer is making what works for me, they'll likely have my repeat business. If / when they stop meeting those needs, they're not earning my money any more.
I think most posters are using the word loyalty as defined in your third and fourth sentences, and not your first sentence.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.