Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ghost ride the whip!
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I "found out" my wife got me a 05 z1fr3 for christmas because i had said something earlier about wanting one. Now im starting to think it has too much travel. The site said 130mm. The one she bought from ebay has 150mm. The fork is going a Da Bomb sputnik frame that i got for free. I'll probably be doing 75%urban 25%freeride with this bike.

Should i lower it to 130mm or 100mm or somewhere in between. And how do you lower the fork? where do you buy the parts? I would sell the fork and get something else, but she would shoot me for selling it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
You can move the spacer around....

inkdwheels said:
So I "found out" my wife got me a 05 z1fr3 for christmas because i had said something earlier about wanting one. Now im starting to think it has too much travel. The site said 130mm. The one she bought from ebay has 150mm. The fork is going a Da Bomb sputnik frame that i got for free. I'll probably be doing 75%urban 25%freeride with this bike.

Should i lower it to 130mm or 100mm or somewhere in between. And how do you lower the fork? where do you buy the parts? I would sell the fork and get something else, but she would shoot me for selling it.
You can drop it to 130 by moving the location of a spacer inside. I talked to Zoke about it, and it's not a big deal. Call them to get the specifics.....I decided not to do it, so I can't give you any more details. I have the schematic if you want it.....

·
Still on Training Wheels!
1,107 Posts
xdefx said:
You can drop it to 130 by moving the location of a spacer inside. I talked to Zoke about it, and it's not a big deal. Call them to get the specifics.....I decided not to do it, so I can't give you any more details. I have the schematic if you want it.....
I have a Drop Off that I did the same thing to. It was 130mm, but I made my own spacer out of some ABS plastic(sprinkler pipe) for 50 cents, to drop the trave down to 100mm. I would think you could do the same thing with your Z150. Just cut a spacer to the length of travel you want to decrease and slap it in there.

Side note: I used the plastic spacer for a little weight savings, but I also found some brass and steal peices that would have worked just as well If I felt I really needed the durability and weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.