Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, im pretty new to modifying forks but i can service a set with my eyes closed in general. i am looking at a set of marzocchi 55 tst2's. Is it possible to lower them from 160 to 140mm travel?

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
I haven't opened one up, but typically, with air forks, you lower them by putting material below the piston on the air shaft, provided, they use a simple configuration of a piston sitting on top of a shaft as found in Fox Float series and Rock Shox Solo or Dual air. For 20mm drop you use 20mm of whatever under the shaft. You may be able to use a Fox or a Rock Shox travel spacer or make your own.

Marzocchi may be different; at least, their Doppio Air cartridge is enclosed and reducing travel there would require a different approach. The TST2 may have a very simple arrangement on the air piston; I'm not sure.

_MK

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Any fork or rear damper can be shortened...just depends upon how much you understand how they work and what your skill set is in regards to accomplishing the task.

PK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.