Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was wondering if anybody here serviced the lower link of a 2019 Juliana Joplin Carbon S bike? I purchased a bearing kit for a Tallboy 3 (which is basically the same as the Joplin V2) and the single sided shielded bearings it comes with are 7900Z (Enduro Max).

Looking at the existing lower link bearings, the single sided shielded bearings re marked as 6900Z (Enduro Max).

From a bearing dimension perspective, it looks like both bearings are identical but is it that the 7900Z's are angular contact, and the 6900Z are radial?

Can the 7900Z be used on the lower link even though it has 6900Z on there right now?

These have the spacer inside so I'm pretty sure it's the 3.1 version.

Electric blue Auto part Metal Household hardware Circle

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'd say you'd need to run the 6900 bearings with the inner spacer and the 7900 bearings without a spacer
Thanks for the response, definitely sounds correct. Be nice though if Santa Cruz will actually list the proper bearings in their site - lol. No Tallboy 3.1 listed at all with the with the radial bearings (which I believe are the 2018-2019 MY). The Tallboy v3.0 bearings they list are the angular contact ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.