Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone!

I am just trying to recover from a lower back injury and I was wondering if anyone here has tried riding with a lower back brace and whether that was useful for eliviating the pressure on the lower back. Also, if you tried any specific ones, I would appreciate if you could list them.

Thanks,

Pedro

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've never tried a back brace but have used a kidney belt used for motorcross and if you can still breate it goes a long way in supporting your lower back.

Pedro2005 said:
Hey Everyone!

I am just trying to recover from a lower back injury and I was wondering if anyone here has tried riding with a lower back brace and whether that was useful for eliviating the pressure on the lower back. Also, if you tried any specific ones, I would appreciate if you could list them.

Thanks,

Pedro

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will said:
I've never tried a back brace but have used a kidney belt used for motorcross and if you can still breate it goes a long way in supporting your lower back.
Thanks Will!

I will look into those, too. I guess I can try different ones and see how well they work.

Thanks, again

Pedro

·
Fashionably functional...
310 Posts
Tried that. I have the 661 belt/girdle as well. Can't really breath well when the riding got hard. Plus in the drop position, it binds and gets downright uncomfortable.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Pedro2005 said:
Hey Everyone!

Thanks,

Pedro
I use this

http://www.serolabio.com/sacroiliac_belt.htm

I can't say it helps a whole lot though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.