Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...yeah, it's a road bike, I know, but do any of you have experience w/ Klein Quantums? '91-'96, preferably. I'm betting they beat you up after a couple of hours but I also think they'd be wicked fast.

Thoughts?

What kind of demand is there these days?

·
Mantis, Paramount, Campy
4,768 Posts
Almost Zero Demand

Especially if you're talking just a Quantum or a Quantum II
The Quantum Pros sometimes go for decent money...sometimes.

You should be able to pick up a nice Quantum complete for well under $500.

The Q-Pro is nowhere near as harsh as the Adroit/Attitude in my opinion. It also doesnt feel very fast to me. All the Cannondale 3.0 and 2.8 frames I've raced were much stiffer and felt much faster (although they all traveled at roughly the same speed).

G

·
Quantum and Quantum II are a big big difference, just like Rascal and Pulse. the Gradient tubes and adjusted geometry on the Quantum II make a nicer ride and a much lighter frame. the Quantum II is actually a Quantum Pro with normal 1" head tube and aluminum or carbon fork. but indeed, the Quantums and Quantum IIs go for way less than they are "worth" compared to the modern standard aluminum crap that sells so well.

Carsten

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. It looks like the Quantum II began it's run in '93.

The reason i'm asking is that I know of a '92 Quantum for sale that would fit me and has identical paint to my '92 Attitude (Magenta/Ultraviolet fade). I think it'd be cool to have matching bikes.

It was on Ebay w/ a BIN (auction has ended). I didn't bite at his asking but I did send him a message to which he has yet to reply...

·
Registered
86 Posts
i built up a '97 Quantum frame this summer (this would have the gradiant tubing...

Great ride. Not a bike for riding centuries, but for most everything else, it rocks. Now, Carbon forks essential (ditto carbon handlebars and seatpost tho I am not sure how much it helps..

Previous ride was Cannondale 3.0. Prefer the Klein, of course. Plus it's SOOO much more soulful and paint job to die for and get's lots of attention.. .

eBay mid/ late '90's Quantums tend to sell for about $150. Mine was a bit less, and near mint paint. . . add light wheels and it's a mid 17 lb bike for not a lot of money...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.