Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yo
does anyone know of a company that has a very low stack height stem under 50$ that is SOLD in the U.S? i was looking at the funn killa smx stem but they are not sold in the U.S

·
Registered
115 Posts
themarsvolta55 said:
yo
does anyone know of a company that has a very low stack height stem under 50$ that is SOLD in the U.S? i was looking at the funn killa smx stem but they are not sold in the U.S
SIC Body Slam is around $75 (here) , maybe you can find it for less somewhere else.

·
yeah, uh............bikes
2,712 Posts
damn, I've been looking for a low stack stem or headset and it looks like the ones you guys have recommended will work.

I'm likin the dangerboy AK47 and the SIC body slam. I'm still a little shocked by the absensce of stack height in any of the specs, how the hell can you call it low stack and not give a stack height measurement??

I got a response from the SIC dealer:
SIC body slam ll = 27.5mm stack height

Still waiting for a response from dangerboy on the AK47

·
fungus amongus
395 Posts
FloridaFish said:
damn, I've been looking for a low stack stem or headset and it looks like the ones you guys have recommended will work.

I'm likin the dangerboy AK47 and the SIC body slam. I'm still a little shocked by the absensce of stack height in any of the specs, how the hell can you call it low stack and not give a stack height measurement??

I got a response from the SIC dealer:
SIC body slam ll = 27.5mm stack height

Still waiting for a response from dangerboy on the AK47
im the marsvolta
i agree.... they should at least post the stack height... all these stems im looking at , dangerboy, sic, ext are so much money for a stem... like 70 :(

·
fungus amongus
395 Posts
hilikus said:
im the marsvolta
i agree.... they should at least post the stack height... all these stems im looking at , dangerboy, sic, ext are so much money for a stem... like 70 :(
dag jordan get off my user name

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
one more time...check out the KORE B1B stem. Sorry but it's not going to get much cheaper, stronger or have a lower stack height than the KORE. If your worried about durability, I weigh @235 and I've been beating (DH riding) on the same B1B stem for over 6 years w/ no issues. It may not look all fancy and bling-bling, but it serves the purpose.

·
40 Posts
Second on Kore B1B

red5 said:
one more time...check out the KORE B1B stem. Sorry but it's not going to get much cheaper, stronger or have a lower stack height than the KORE. If your worried about durability, I weigh @235 and I've been beating (DH riding) on the same B1B stem for over 6 years w/ no issues. It may not look all fancy and bling-bling, but it serves the purpose.
I've been running a Kore B1B for a long time as well and it seems to be a cheap, solid stem with a short stack. Kore WWW site lists 32mm for stack height and they seem to go for around $30-40 online.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
themarsvolta55 said:
yo
S.I.C stems have the lowest stack of any convential headset on the market today
Super good quaility and and look freeking cool too !

·
yeah, uh............bikes
2,712 Posts
Evil4bc said:
S.I.C stems have the lowest stack of any convential headset on the market today
Super good quaility and and look freeking cool too !
I checked them out when I first saw this thread, they look pretty good and the stack height is hella low. A little pricey but I'd spend just as much to get a new steerer tube put on my fork so it all works out.

·
e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah, i think im going to go with the S.I.C LL stem

awesome cause there are places in the states that i can buy them
have lots of shims in the stem so you can run the 2 different handlebars widths and steerer tube widths, how much do you think they will go to?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.