Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
Topeak or Planet Bike digital gauges work great. I have had some trouble using the Planet Bike gauge on UST valves.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for what is probably a dumb question, but are UST valves somehow different from presta valves?

Have you really had good luck with the Topeak? Last I heard of those was that they were difficult to remove from presta valves.

In your experience, of the two you mentioned, which one is more accurate? Easier to use?

I was hoping to find something similar to the Accu-Gage I have. It has a range of 0-160 psi, but doesn't seem to exist for a presta valve in a 0-60 psi range.

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
the_eleven said:
Sorry for what is probably a dumb question, but are UST valves somehow different from presta valves?

Have you really had good luck with the Topeak? Last I heard of those was that they were difficult to remove from presta valves.

In your experience, of the two you mentioned, which one is more accurate? Easier to use?

I was hoping to find something similar to the Accu-Gage I have. It has a range of 0-160 psi, but doesn't seem to exist for a presta valve in a 0-60 psi range.
UST valves (they are presta) are a tad shorter than most inner tube valves.

Both are accurate. The Planet Bike is easier to use (once you understand the instructions. Not as difficult to use the buttons as they make it seem). The PB also has a bleed valve which is nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts