Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new Trek 4 series and its awesome. I am really new to the sport. I ride mostly pavement. would converting to tubeless be worth it? Any suggestions would be great. Any upgrades you would make? What would you add? computer, pedals, grips, bars, or accesories. thanks

·
Waingo...where is he??
26 Posts
I got a 4 series a couple years ago and love mine too! I put a Bontrager seat and Bontrager bar ends on mine so far. I only ride trails.

·
Fast bike-slow rider
207 Posts
I have had a 4300 since December, it has been a great bike. I swapped out the wheels (spare bike that my girl rides needed wheels so I grabbed some Mavics for mine at a great price and she got the wheels off of the 4300), tires, seat cuz the original was a torture device and recently got some clipless pedals which have made climbing much better. So far the 4 Series Trek has been a great bike for me. Glad you are enjoying yours as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I wouldnt upgrade it til stuff starts to break or wear out. That beeing said the drivetrain will be the best upgrade you do. I switched my 09 4300 disc to deore xt and it made it feel like i was on a totaly different bike.

I want to replace the fork but this one just wont die lol. Everyone tells me its crap but the fork must not have got that memo cause its lived through everything ive thrown at it.

The jones tires that came on mine were crap for my area so i replaced those with kenda nevgals.

This is a great bike for the price range , enjoy it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts