Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
single track ****
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Clockwise this time. Planning on meeting at Rocky Mtn Cyclery(Loveland CO-corner of Garfield and 5th) at 7pm Sat the 21st. We can make stops for sacrificial items such as beer, fried chicken, burritos , coffee, etc on the way out of town. Plan is to climb to camp spot above Estes Sat eve(prayers and group hugs are welcome, and indian leg wrestling near the fire is highly encouraged). Hit some breakfast /coffee in Estes in the morning, and then hit some tasty single track on way home Sun.

Attachments

·
"Oldfart from Wayback"
1,683 Posts
I'm just guessing, but I think photo 4 is probably still buried in snow

Plus, if I think it's where it is, that's a long way out of your way for a Loveland -Estes overnighter.

Maybe a late summer Ned-Winter Park run ?

·
single track ****
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
random pics

onbelaydave said:
Plus, if I think it's where it is, that's a long way out of your way for a Loveland -Estes overnighter.

Maybe a late summer Ned-Winter Park run ?
Just some random shots I tossed up. I'm sure I'll be making a few trips over the pass this yr, but it'll prob be another few wks at least(I want to ride single track on the downhills :) Hoping to do a Winter Park to Windsor ride before summers over too(Already did a Winter park to Buckhorn ride before, and it was sweet!). Holler if you want to join us- I know you got all that sweet camping gear you're itching to use:thumbsup:

·
single track ****
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beer

sgltrak said:
What might one pack for this ride? Mileage? Rigid, soft tail or fully?
I'm packing my usual ride stuff(plastic,beanie,tools,lube,tubes,etc), and adding more food& couple beers (something for dinner by the fire), maps, leg warmers, led light(climb up will be mostly road/fire rd, so I'm leaving my heavy light at home, and using the force/moonlight), hammock,sleeping bag,and an extra long sleeve.I'm not too sure on mileage, but I'ld guess 30some mi on Sat eve., and then 50some on Sunday. Sat should be a steady climb( mostly middle ring stuff) for 4 or so hrs to camp site. Sunday we'll ride into Estes, have some breakfast/coffee, hit the grocery store for grub/fluids for day, and head out. Plan on riding Crosier for sure on way back, and then we can vote on going over Donner, and home via flowers, or stove prarie, or up Storm/down Ginny trail, and work our way home from there. I'ld ride the bike that you enjoy most for fire road climbs, and single track descents. I'm going to ride my geared hardtail w/ suspension fork, and Lew is riding a geared fully rigid bike. Hope you can swing it.

·
drinks from the fountain
391 Posts
Hijack

Cant make it again. BUT...... We bought a house finally! Right across the street from the Backbone on Westridge. Have a great ride. See you mid July.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.