Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a federal job listed in Loveland and am thinking about putting in my resume. What's the local mt bike culture like there? Trails? Not sure if I want to move half way across the country, but I do know I hate living in DC and federal jobs in WV are pretty rare. Thanks

·
Bodhisattva
10,848 Posts
Short answer: Superb
Loveland is home to Devil's Backbone which is a great techy trail right here in town. Within 20 minutes are amazing rides up Thompson Canyon (Crosier, Round Mtn), Horsetooth Mtn Park & Poudre Canyon. 30 minutes to the south you have all the trails in Lyons, then there are the big mtn trails all over the Rockies.

I moved from Vermont last year and have not been disappointed whatsoever.

Loiter around this board for a little while to get a better feel.

·
Time is not a road.
4,150 Posts
I'd agree. The local scene is blossoming. The trails are good, and getting better - lots of trail building going on. We have good support from local bike shop(s) and Push Industries has just relocated here, to give you an idea of the regional bike culture. The weather is vastly superior to the eastern climate. I have ridden every month this year. If you like to ski, well Colorado practically invented skiing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.