Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here she is.
Finished the build yesterday. The last step was adjuxting the travel on the float RLC 130 fork. I have never done this before so it took a little longer than I would have liked.

Went for the first ride today, and what a ride! This thing rails on the corners and climbs like a scalded monkey. -- I couldn't stop smiling the whole ride.

Motolite front1.jpg

Motolite front.jpg

Motolite rear.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Indeed a great looking ride. The red combo with the blue looks the biz......

Enjoy it. Mine made me grin big time again today also. It is a true weapon on the trails.....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fast

thanks for the color-coordination comments... ...I was initially looking at the grey frame color because I has the red ck bits I was planning to use. I knew the red would go with grey.
Only a blue frame was available in my size, and I went for it. - Turned out nicely.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
yep, would have looked cool with the grey, but looking great with the blue.... I have red Ck stuff on mine, love the red, sets a bike off nice...............:thumbsup:

·
Veni Vidi Vici
995 Posts
Very nice built:thumbsup: I am not surprised that you are stoked with your first ride:p ... me, i just came from an epic ride and after almost six months of riding my ML, I am stoked again...That feeling never seems to stop:aureola:

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
barelylegal said:
Very nice built:thumbsup: I am not surprised that you are stoked with your first ride:p ... me, i just came from an epic ride and after almost six months of riding my ML, I am stoked again...That feeling never seems to stop:aureola:
Hear ya loud and clear and agree 100%. Am still stoked with my ML, the thing is pure bliss and grins

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Build Specs

InaMtb-here you go,,,

The vital statistics:
2006 Blue Motolite (Mediun)
Rider: 5’11”, 185pounds, 33” inseam
Rear shock:Fox RP 3
Fork: Pushed Fox Float RLC
H/set: Chris King
H/bar: Easton MonkeyLite (w. Dangerboy Bar Ends )
Stem: Thomson Elite 120mm
Saddle: WTB Laser Ti
Crank: XT (w. RaceFace rings and Dangerboy Bashguard)
Pedals: Time ATAC Carbon
Brakes: Avid Mechanicals
Shifters: Sram
Rr der: Sram
FR der: XT
Cassette: Sram 990
Chain: Sram
Hubs: Chris King ISO
Rims: DT 4.1
Spokes: Comp's w. brass nipples
Tyres: Kenda Nevagal 2.1
Grips: ODI Lock-on
Rider: Stoked forever!

·
Registered
587 Posts
fit?

How's the fit. You're my size at 5' 11'' and similiar inseam but I ride a large. I tried a medium but seemed a littel cramped.

Bob

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
fits fine @ medium

il2mb,
I made the frame size call after getting a few recommendations...I spoke with Titus and with a Charles at Hammerhead and got pretty much the same recommendation for size. Both suggested a medium frame. I ride more cross country type trails, and I think that had a bearing on the recommendation. One suggested a 120 mm stem, and another a 110.
I set the bike up with a 120 stem and it seems pretty nice. I still maintained the same back-of-the-seat--to--handlebar measurement that I am used to, and feel centered well on the bike. I do need to adjust forward a little more in the climbs than I am used to - don't know is this is a frame size issue or what??
So the mediun seems to be doing the trick...
(Although, I did not get the opportunity to ride a large before I comitted.) - You had the advantage of trying them both out first!!

I see riders on this forum with our build riding mediums and larges. Dosen't seem to be a clear consensus. Guess we are in the midway point between sizes, and could go either way, per personal style and terrain.

What stem length are you using?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts