Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am begining to think my addiction is for the FS mountain bikes. I now have 3 and keep looking. '94 Pro Flex 754, '00 Schwinn Rocket 88 and a mix of 00- 01 Schwinn Rocket 88. Just something about the FS I love. Don't get me wrong the old steel/chromo rigid MTB's are great, and I am currently building one... I just can't get enough of the suspension models! :thumb:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Funrover said:
So I am begining to think my addiction is for the FS mountain bikes. I now have 3 and keep looking. '94 Pro Flex 754, '00 Schwinn Rocket 88 and a mix of 00- 01 Schwinn Rocket 88. Just something about the FS I love. Don't get me wrong the old steel/chromo rigid MTB's are great, and I am currently building one... I just can't get enough of the suspension models! :thumb:

If you love em now, just wait til you ride a good full sus!!!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Is my 01 Stinky Primo with a 01 Z1 BAM up front antiquated? Just wondering if I am missing out on something cool? No doubt it is a heavy tanker for only 5" and 5" but oh so plush to me. l am too busy spending money on old bikes to save up for a newer full suspension ride. The only other full suspension ride I have spent time on was a 98 King Kikapu which I thought was comfy and light too (too light, I broke the frame). It's going to be interesting seeing these full suspension bikes change from the ugh zone of too new to be old and too old to be new into being desireable again. Alot of one off suspension parts won't be so easily replaced when wore out from good use.

Merry Holiday,
T

·
illuminaughty
1,651 Posts
Rumpfy said:
He's right though.

If you like full suspension...there's no beating a modern suspension bike. Riding antiquated suspension bikes really doesn't make a lot of sense.
agreed that the newer squishys are better but " Riding antiquated suspension bikes really doesn't make a lot of sense" is like saying riding klunkers doesn't make sense. Pretty broad, closed minded statement.:D

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
da'HOOV said:
agreed that the newer squishys are better but " Riding antiquated suspension bikes really doesn't make a lot of sense" is like saying riding klunkers doesn't make sense. Pretty broad, closed minded statement.:D
I guess I'm looking mostly at the ProFlex...

The Schwinn's are probably pretty ok. But even still...suspension has come a long way in 10 years. The enjoyment and how aggressively you can attack a trail on a much newer fully is significant I think. And I'm talking about a real mans trail. Not that bike path stuff you putz along on. :p

That said...riding klunkers doesn't make sense to me either. ;)

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have ridden newer ones, yes they are nice. To each their own I guess, I thought posting in the "Vintage, Retro Classic" section would have shown I like the older ones. Oh well.

If someone wants to give about $5,500 - $6,500 I will also go get a new one I have my eyes on.

·
Bird watcher
878 Posts
So in that frame of thought, let me know when your collection of "antiquated" non suspension bikes go up for sale. I'm sure i could find a part or two that I could use.

Rumpfy said:
He's right though.

If you like full suspension...there's no beating a modern suspension bike. Riding antiquated suspension bikes really doesn't make a lot of sense.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.