Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still testing the different ways to mount the GoPro... This will be the last video until I find a chest mount. Don't mind the climbing bits of the video, that's one of the reasons I love this bike...
Enjoy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
Er, what's this?

"This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds". ???

Can't view the video.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Digger90 said:
Er, what's this?

"This video contains content from EMI, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds". ???

Can't view the video.
Gotta love content management. I used old Pink Floyd music in the background... May have to change that...
 

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
Joined
·
14,547 Posts
Hey Flip, I can't watch your vid either but that's okay. I'm just adding a comment to your thread while I can because it mentions RFX in the title... no doubt it'll get locked soon. Cheers!

--sParty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Nice vid. I do have a comment and this is not directed at the original poster but I think it is funny how many riders post videos that use bikes such as the RFX to ride trails that a Flux could ride. I know that usually a guy usually has just one bike and therefore you use what you have. I have a sneaking suspicion that the cry for the new RFX is exaggerated. Many people think they need a heavier duty bike. I know that as soon as I post this that there will be a bunch of videos of guys using the bike as intended. This is just my observation and mean no disrespect to anyone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,489 Posts
Nice going spadmike now the thread will definately get locked RFX RFX RFX!
 

·
Out spokin'
In cog? Neato!
Joined
·
14,547 Posts
flipnidaho said:
Fixed... Now with Youtube supplied porn music!
Nice. Looks like my Sultan might be sufficient to ride this trail. I gotta head east sometime and ride with you. That deserty riding is cool. I'm used to the old growth jungle nine hours west of ya.

Thanks for posting the vid.

--sParty

P.S. RFX
 

·
illiterate or intoxicated
Joined
·
421 Posts
spadmike said:
Nice vid. I do have a comment and this is not directed at the original poster but I think it is funny how many riders post videos that use bikes such as the RFX to ride trails that a Flux could ride. I know that usually a guy usually has just one bike and therefore you use what you have. I have a sneaking suspicion that the cry for the new RFX is exaggerated. Many people think they need a heavier duty bike. I know that as soon as I post this that there will be a bunch of videos of guys using the bike as intended. This is just my observation and mean no disrespect to anyone.
I lived in Boise for years. Most of the Foothills trails can be easily ridden with a hard tail - 4 inches is plenty. For me the primary consideration is frame geometry, not necessarily the amount of travel. However, until relatively recently, the frame geometry that I wanted was only found on bikes with more than 4 inches of travel. A Flux would work just fine for me travel wise, but I really like how my 5 Spot rides geometry wise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sparticus said:
Nice. Looks like my Sultan might be sufficient to ride this trail. I gotta head east sometime and ride with you. That deserty riding is cool. I'm used to the old growth jungle nine hours west of ya.

Thanks for posting the vid.

--sParty

P.S. RFX
The Sultan would be more than sufficient! Let me know when you get here and I'll show you around... Lots of Homers here...

PS- I call your RFX with a DW RFX...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
windhoar said:
I lived in Boise for years. Most of the Foothills trails can be easily ridden with a hard tail - 4 inches is plenty. For me the primary consideration is frame geometry, not necessarily the amount of travel. However, until relatively recently, the frame geometry that I wanted was only found on bikes with more than 4 inches of travel. A Flux would work just fine for me travel wise, but I really like how my 5 Spot rides geometry wise.
Very true- for the most part, you can do most of the rides here on a singlespeed... But even on my SS, I like having a 5" fork as it kicks out the front end the right amount...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
962 Posts
Sultans in the summer up around Bogus, lots of fun. Now DT just needs to build a 5.5
inch travel 29er and a light weight 4 inch 29er then the garage will be void of 26ers.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top