Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, it's been horrible riding weather lately here in Texas. But to avoid cabin fever, I've tried to ride every weekend, regardless of the horrific conditions. Here are a few pics of some brave souls braving the terrible conditions this weekend to get out and ride.:D

This place is a ranch about halfway between Abilene and San Angelo where we ride both dirt motors and mountainbikes. It has about 80 miles of awesome, technical, rocky trail with lots of ups and downs. Having had relatives living in the hill country around the Boerne/Comfort area, this place has always reminded me of much of that type of terrain. We've been out at this ranch since about '79, and it's a great place to ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
TNC said:
Man, it's been horrible riding weather lately here in Texas. But to avoid cabin fever, I've tried to ride every weekend, regardless of the horrific conditions. Here are a few pics of some brave souls braving the terrible conditions this weekend to get out and ride.:D

This place is a ranch about halfway between Abilene and San Angelo where we ride both dirt motors and mountainbikes. It has about 80 miles of awesome, technical, rocky trail with lots of ups and downs. Having had relatives living in the hill country around the Boerne/Comfort area, this place has always reminded me of much of that type of terrain. We've been out at this ranch since about '79, and it's a great place to ride.
Man, that almost cloudless blue sky is bringing me down just looking at it. It had to be a gawd-awful sunny and 75 degrees day around these parts yesterday.

Mike

·
Registered
146 Posts
That makes me absolutely sad and envious. I live in Houston and the trails inside the city have been closed due to all the rain we've received. I doubt I'll ever get to ride them, hence why I'm investing in a bike rack for my car.

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh no, Wave...give me dust...rocks...desert...dry...just not too hot...LOL! That is a cool pic there. It reminds me of how some roadies will use their glove to brush broken glass off their tire while still rolling...however, with both wheels firmly planted on the pavement...LOL!

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmm...jealous?

Oregon said:
Yeah, post up again in August.
Now, now Oregon...I posted this in the "TEXAS" forum for fellow Texans...not to crow about our current good weather to those who are experiencing otherwise. Indeed, if I had gone over to the Minnesota forum, that would definitely be in bad form. Just enjoy the pics of fellow MTB'ers taking advantage of a good ride. Maybe I'll post a nice pic of a cool morning ride in August...just for you.:D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Shrug. Former Texan. I do miss the winter riding there, but I'd rather ski here in the winters and have our summers. I puked on the side of a Texas trail one too many times.

Pictures are pretty cool though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts