Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried running Louise FR rotors with aivd bb7's on my Bullit and the rotor rubbed the frame. Anyone else have this problem?

I was looking into getting the Hope Gothic 205mm rotors but not sure if they'll fit now. Any suggestions? I'll probably just end up with Avid 203mm clean sweep rotors.

I'm over Hyraulics. I've had nothing but trouble.

Late

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
texheckler said:
The older Bullit, 02 and earlier could not use an 8" rotor. In 03 they changed the rear triangle to fit it. Any 8" should fit.

Why are you running Mag rotors with Avid Brakes? Avid makes 7"
I'm sure its a newer frame. I was running Hayes 8" brakes on there but I'm new to hydraulics and they have not been fun to deal with. I yanked an Avid brake off my single speed and threw it on the rear of my Bullit as a temp fix. I thought I'd throw the Louise FR rotor on there while I had the wheel off because it looks cooler (and I don't have the skills to make up for looking bad, I need all the help I can get). The Louise FR rotor only rubs at the points not the flats in between (does that make sense?).

It's not a huge deal. All I did was put the Hayes rotor back on and it was good to go. The reason I'm not running avid rotors is because I don't have any 8" ones.

Here she is:

'04 Bullit in Rootbeer with an '03 Super T Pro on the front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.