Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is regarding the initial setup before the actual bleed takes place. Once I have assembled and filled my syringe I am ready to remove the bleed plug right? If my caliper is positioned so the the brake hose fitting is vertical, then the bleed plug will be a 90 degree angle to the brake hose. Is it normal for some oil to come out when unscrewing the bleed plug and then again when unscrewing the syringe at the end of the process? It seems like this could introduce air to the sytem.

·
A wheelist
5,991 Posts
Dave in Driggs said:
My question is regarding the initial setup before the actual bleed takes place. Once I have assembled and filled my syringe I am ready to remove the bleed plug right? If my caliper is positioned so the the brake hose fitting is vertical, then the bleed plug will be a 90 degree angle to the brake hose. Is it normal for some oil to come out when unscrewing the bleed plug and then again when unscrewing the syringe at the end of the process? It seems like this could introduce air to the sytem.
As you should be doing this with the reservoir cap still in place and as no air will get into the system until the reservoir runs dry then you will not get air to enter. A small seepage is ok.

Read the latest Magura bleeding procedure on my Magura Cult pages.

Mike T. (mcm # 717)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. So then I should expect a little seepage since the bleed hole is on the side? I ask because in a couple of other steps a little oil spillage is mentioned but not at this step. I have the Cult Page Bleed Tips printed out so I will have them handy when doing the bleed.

Mike T. said:
As you should be doing this with the reservoir cap still in place and as no air will get into the system until the reservoir runs dry then you will not get air to enter. A small seepage is ok.

Read the latest Magura bleeding procedure on my Magura Cult pages.

Mike T. (mcm # 717)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.