Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
Huh? The way the original post reads, there are no other criteria stated, EXCEPT the noise of the hubs.

WTB Laser Disc are supremely quiet. Get those, instead, and be done with it. And, repeating the spirit of the exclusionary clause stated above, not all WTB hubs are quiet. The broken ones make all kinds of noise.

·
Hard as nails
1,008 Posts
Bikinfoolferlife said:
Choosing a hub for the sound it makes isn't the best criteria, and not all Kings are loud, either. Hugis, when they first came out, were super loud but not any more. If you want loud just get one of these www.turbospoke.com :rolleyes:
Thats funny sh*t! LMAO!!!!:ciappa:

·
Registered
126 Posts
golfnbike13 said:
I love the buzz of the King hubs, but don't want to drop that much coin. Any other hubs out there with a similar noise??
Dude,

Hope Pro II are pleasingly loud and buzzy. Much more importantly, though, they are superbly engineered, lightweight, robust, easily maintained, great looking, well regarded and versatile (convert easily between q/r and 20mm bolt-thru). The buzz is a bonus.

They don't engage as quickly as Kings or DTs but they have less drag as a consequence.

Buy them today.

·
Registered
119 Posts
A bell is good form for bombing the trail and letting people know your coming. However, a loud hub like the hope pro II will do the same thing. Buy them yesterday. BTW you can buy 2 sets for the price of kings and 1 set will last just as long with mantainence.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sun-Ringle hubs on their "Disc-o-Tek" models are louder than kings and much cheaper. I love following my friend that has a set, I can always tell where he's at and when he's coasting along, so I can put the hammer down and reel him in.

·
bump and grind
707 Posts
Got Ringle's as well. Love the sound and its very affordable. Pretty solid even after 1000 miles too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.