Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to find some information about my first mountain bike I got back in 1988. The bike was a Lotus ATB and I got it on consignment from a shop in Lake Mary, Florida "The Quiet Revolution". The bike had a shop sticker on the seat tube from Colorado Springs and the previous owner moved to FLA and thought he couldn’t mountain bike anymore. Not many mountains in central Florida.
The Bike was CRMO lugged steel with bullhorn handlebars, 15-speed Shimano drive train and a nice set of sealed bearings hubs. Does anyone know anything about this company or their bikes? Is Lotus still around?

Thanks
BlanMan

·
Banned
1,230 Posts
I know they made some pretty decent road bikes back in the 70s-80s. I wish I could tell you more about the mountain bikes. I too will be following this thread for more info. I would eventually like to locate one of their mountain bikes to give my my brother-in-law. He had one that got stolen when he was a kid, so I'd like to replace it for him.

·
Registered
676 Posts
The bike had a shop sticker on the seat tube from Colorado Springs and the previous owner moved to FLA and thought he couldn’t mountain bike anymore. Not many mountains in central Florida.
Not much mountain in the Netherlands, but I still enjoy 'mountainbiking' very much. To avoid people thinking mtbiking can only be done in the mountains they came up with All Terrain Bike (ATB).

Overhere a line of bikes called Lotus were issued when Chris Boardman had so much succes in his 1h race. Those ATBs :) were 7005 tig welded alloy and way to expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts