Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
100.oz minimum
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dream of lost valley trail being entirely singletrack. Does anyone know if this is the end plan for this great place. 2 new sections called beaver pond & root ball trail were created a few years ago & I wish there was a new trail connecting the two. The fire road part of the ride needs to go.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I asked the same question when we started constructing the beaver pond trail. My understanding from what they told me is the plan is to rid of "most" of the doubletrack. One reason, doubletrack sucks and secondly, MDC is no longer going to maintain any of the gravel roads. The connecting between the beaver pond and root ball will not happen. Evidently there is rumored to be Indian burial remains in that particular area, so I think it is safe to say the connector won't be happening.

I also really recommend you posting this question on the GORC forum since they are the ones who build and maintain the trail (along with MDC) and will give you a more informed answer compared to my second hand info.

·
100.oz minimum
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow-Indian burial remains! This place has everything. Located next to a toxic waste clean up burial mound & having the following: a cemetery with gravestones from the 1800's in "haunted hollow", a waterfall.....albeit small, a natural spring, a small wooden bridge, the cedars & the constant sound of gunfire from a nearby shooting range. There is a concrete structure building with some kind of machinery that still stands. You can't ride to the building cause the old "road" is so grown over with many downfalls that you have to hike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't get too adventurous out there with straying from the trail. There's a lot of government facilities hidden in the woods out there with private contractors that will shoot you if you trespass. Just a heads up. A guy from my work used to go to Lost Valley and Busch Wildlife a lot to explore and strayed from the trails only to be met several times with 5-6 guys with assault rifles threatening to shoot him if he didn't turn around. That being said, Lost Valley is super fun and fast... the fire road is a necessary evil I'll live with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.