Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody with any info on a lost black 5 Spot off I 80 in Fairfield today around 3 PM PLEASE call me at 415 250 6969. It was on my rack on the back of my Jeep being towed and either fell off or was stolen in heavy traffic. My initial thought was it fell off, but apparently this in a new method of stealing in traffic. Since it was bungeed, strapped and on the rack, and I had checked it just 30 min earlier, I'm not sure of what happened. Anyway, it's a long shot, but I thought this would be the best place to check. Thanks for anything you have to help, I'm pretty bummed right now.

·
Founder: Dirty3hirties
2,031 Posts
Fell off? If you were in any kind of traffic at all, a bike falling off your car is something you would have noticed since I'm sure the car tailing you would have honked/swerved/crushed it, etc. Not likely that it just "fell off". And if you were going slow enough that someone would have been able to get out of their car, walk up to your car, take the bike off w/o anyone around you noticing or even bothering to say anything, that is highly suspect as well.

Did you stop anywhere since the last time you actually saw it? Like for gas or a bathroom break?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
somebody actually came up next to us and started yelling "your bike, your bike" and pointing back at the Jeep. I don't know for sure, but I ran back and saw nothing, drove around and back through the area and didn't see and signs of a bike in the road either. All I know is I'm without my 5 Spot now.

·
Afric Pepperbird
4,752 Posts
Oh, man... a Turner??!! I would be too distressed/depressed/upset/miffed/in shock to even post here if that happened to me. I'd curl up in a ball/fetal position and moan in mental grief.

My sympathies/empathies.

Good luck to you.

·
I always bleed like this.
496 Posts
I lost my Inbred in very much the same way. Disturbs me even now. I actually went back to the Gas station I last stopped at and looked at the security footage showing my bike securely in the rack it would somehow come out of 5 minutes later and disappear like Keyser Söze.
Anyway...
My condolences.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.