Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was riding today and noticed that my shimano Slx 12 speed shifter was moving around and discovered that the small screw that attaches it to the brake unit from underneath had fallen out. I’m having trouble finding where I can find a replacement. I looked on the Shimano webpage and I think this is the part number: Y0GV98030, but I’m not entirely sure. Couldn’t find anywhere selling it anyway. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks,

J

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Your best bet is eBay for stuff like that; despite them showing up in Shimano NA's catalogue, they don't appear available.

Often times, even though small parts appear in their catalogue, they are not imported, because the cost of doing so vs. the potential income simply isn't worth it (this is a huge problem with IGH parts, incidentally).

Personally: I would get a replacement screw of the appropriate pitch from a co-op or the jar that seems to collect screws that everyone has (electronics screws would probably be a good match for pitch, if not length, if you have been building computers for any length of time). You could replicate the unthreaded bit (which seems to stabilize the part) using a length of metal tubing from a pen cartridge/something like that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was missing the bolt, Y0GV98030 for SL-M7100 SLX shifter. Always out of stock everywhere.

But... Just ordered a Y06N98030 and it's done the job perfectly. So guessing the Y06M98030 will too. These seem to be in stock more.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Your LBS will have either a bolt that fits or a bolt that can be modified to fit. I have noticed that most shimano shifters will come undone over time, so when you put the new bolt in, chuck some loctite on there to save you the hassle of trying to find another new bolt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts