Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK this is driving me crazy. I just lost some data from my garmin 305.

Started off for a ride today and hit start. It was before a solid signal lock was acquired and I didn't realize that I was re-starting the ride from the day before. When the ride was over, hit start/stop again. My cumulative ride time and mileage over the two rides were correct. My HR, cadence and speed had been reading correctly the whole ride. I thought nothing of it - figured I could sort out the difference between the two rides when i looked at the data.

Until I came home and downloaded the data in the training center... there was no record of the ride. Nor of the ride from the day before! :madman: Looking through the history on the unit itself confirms that these rides were not recorded.

What gives? I thought the memory might be full so I went for another quick spin. That one recorded just fine. Any thoughts? I've given up on retrieving the data for those rides but I want to know what I did wrong so it doesn't happen again.

·
trail rat
7,825 Posts
I had the same thing early one in my 305 use some 3+ years back. I still do not know what happened. I have myself programmed to press and hold reset at the beginning of a ride before I hit the start button. It has never happened since.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.