Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I am Walt
Joined
·
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cycljunkie (Jim), Crash_FLMB (Rodney) and I are going to do another Lost Dog/Sunrise ride on this Sunday, 12/18. Let's say cranks spinning at 8:00 am from the 128th St. trailhead.

This one will be fairly long. General route likely to be Ringtail to Lost Dog, Lost Dog up to the Taliesin Overlook, down to and around the MMR Loop (maybe work in a quick Quartz Trail out and back), back up to the Overlook, over Brain's Wild Ride (the rocky doubletrack) to Ringtail, Ringtail to Sunrise and...UP...Sunrise, down either into HH or back to the west - TBD. Good tour of the area if you're not familiar with it.

Probably 15+ miles total, and should take about 3 - 4 hours with some stops for snacks. Lots of rolling terrain and easy to moderate to aerobically challenging climbing. Nothing technical. Gears or SS - great workout either way. Bring food.

Not a hammerfest (at least as far as I'm concerned), but Hincapie, I mean, Jim, always feels compelled to stomp us (almost cleaned Sunrise on his 29'er last week - bastard). Not a beginner ride, though.

Join us if you can.

Waltaz
 

·
I am Doctor Remulak
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
waltaz said:
cycljunkie (Jim), Crash_FLMB (Rodney) and I are going to do another Lost Dog/Sunrise ride on this Sunday, 12/18. Let's say cranks spinning at 8:00 am from the 128th St. trailhead...
Waltaz
I'm probably in, although cranks spinning at 8 seems a bit early for this time of year :mad:
 

·
I am Walt
Joined
·
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AZ Mikey said:
I'm probably in, although cranks spinning at 8 seems a bit early for this time of year :mad:
Blame Jim and Rodney for that...

Plus, most of the snow should be melted by then.
 

·
Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
Joined
·
2,066 Posts
Now Mikey...

AZ Mikey said:
I'm probably in, although cranks spinning at 8 seems a bit early for this time of year :mad:
Just pretend that it'll hit 110 by 9:30am. That should motivate you. Besides now's our chance to break out all our cool winter gear.
 

·
Ride 'Til Your Knees Hurt
Joined
·
2,066 Posts
Sunrise Gearing?

IBIKEAZ said:
Sounds like fun. Can't make it as we have family in for early Christmas.
What gearing do you usually run for that climb? I ran a 34x20 on my 29er SS and it was a little tough near the top. I could've used a few extra teeth that day. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,486 Posts
Slacker!

I am swamped on the home and work fronts. I will try my best to join Sunday but it doesn't look good for me. Have a great ride if I don't make it.

The most wonderful time of the year???? Ba, Humbug!
 

·
I am Walt
Joined
·
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AZClydesdale said:
I am swamped on the home and work fronts. I will try my best to join Sunday but it doesn't look good for me. Have a great ride if I don't make it.

The most wonderful time of the year???? Ba, Humbug!
Get your arse out there with us. You'll need a break from everything. No excuses.
 

·
Something goes here...
Joined
·
2,067 Posts
AZClydesdale said:
I am swamped on the home and work fronts. I will try my best to join Sunday but it doesn't look good for me. Have a great ride if I don't make it.

The most wonderful time of the year???? Ba, Humbug!
Come 'on AZC...You need to get away from the stress of life and let the mind wander for a bit. What better way to wander than to be on the bike? It'll recharge those batteries for work/home.
 

·
Something goes here...
Joined
·
2,067 Posts
cycljunkie said:
Besides now's our chance to break out all our cool winter gear.
I can't believe you panzies need winter gear down here. Grow some hair on the balz and go shorts and short sleeves. That's what REAL men wear! :D
 

·
my knees hurt
Joined
·
462 Posts
cycljunkie said:
What gearing do you usually run for that climb? I ran a 34x20 on my 29er SS and it was a little tough near the top. I could've used a few extra teeth that day. :p
Ive always run 32x19 on my 29er (same gain ratio as your 34x20)....I went 32x20 once and felt I was spun out...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
So relatively slow, out of shape people are welcome? I'd love to get to know this area and this sounds like a great way.
 

·
I am Walt
Joined
·
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mutt said:
So relatively slow, out of shape people are welcome? I'd love to get to know this area and this sounds like a great way.
Absolutely! You saw we invited AZClydesdale... :p

Seriously, you'd give me some company...
 

·
Ouch, I am hot!
Joined
·
4,765 Posts
Paul B said:
Show up for shuttles Saturday or Sunday. Lots and lots of dope-smokin' slackers both days. They may even play loud music.

p.
I showed up once. They were playing Jack Johnson on the radio and the only drug being consumed was the caffeine from their venti caramel macchiattos and lattes. Hooligans? Hell no. More like foofigans. Gordo will fit right in.
 

·
I am Walt
Joined
·
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dirdir said:
I showed up once. They were playing Jack Johnson on the radio and the only drug being consumed was the caffeine from their venti caramel macchiattos and lattes. Hooligans? Hell no. More like foofigans. Gordo will fit right in.
You guys are killing my thread... :mad:
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top