Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Lost Creek Trail

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Thustlewhumber 
#1 ·
We rode the Lost Creek trail (#502) north of Wallace yesterday and would recommend it if you're looking for a longer backcountry route that is fun to ride with minimal hike a bike. The climb up is via FS road 442. It's a long climb (12 mi), but it never climbs too steeply and the surface is good. The upper part levels out so you are flying along, making the miles go by fast. I actually enjoyed the road.

The trail had recently been cleared of dead fall (thank you!) and was in very good shape. We saw two trees down, but two hunters were heading in with a chainsaw after us, so it should be all clear now.

There was only one spot early on along the ridge that we had to push the bikes uphill. There were a few other short, steep pitches as you go along the ridge, but they were rideable with some effort. There are a couple of steep downhill sections but they weren't loose or rutted. There are some rocky bits higher up as you head down, but the lower trail smooths out and opens up and you can really let it loose. Very fun! I wish this part went on for longer :). The smoke was rolling in bad, so we couldn't see any views, but I expect they're there!

Overall a good trail that I would recommend if you live in the area.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.