Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Lost Creek --> Kenosha --> Breck?

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Debaser 
edemtbs said:
No, no. There is no need to ride along 285 to get to Kenosha from Lost Creek!! You have to CROSS 285 once, right at Kenosha but that's it.

There is a stretch of dirt road you have to ride to get around that little bit of "CT is in the wilderness" section.

If you are starting from the east end (where I think the Lost Creek campground is that you are referring to) and head west towards Kenosha on the CT, you will ride beautiful singletrack for some ways - several miles. Then the trails drops down quickly and it meets up with a little parking area and dirt entrance road. At that point the CT enters wilderness and you have to take a lightly traveled dirt road for a while and then hook back up with the CT for several more miles of beautiful singletrack to get to Kenosha. There are a couple of turns on the dirt roads however and I can't remember them for sure to describe here. If I rode it I'd remember.

But point is, I still think it would be worth you while to do what you plan if you map it out right.

Ed E
Cool. I didn't know that you could get back on the CT before Kenosha. That dirt road, while not singletrack, would surely not be unpleasant...so there you go, start at the Lost Creek campground!

Lost creek is a nice, non-technical ride. It is not an epic like Kenosha Pass, but it is a good shorter ride in and of itself. It's similar to a single one of the drainages of Reno-Flag-Bear-Deadman ride in CB.

However because of the wilderness area at the upper end of the ride, the only way (that I know of) to connect to the Kenosha-Georgia-Breck ride is by road. This would mean a handful of miles on lightly traveled dirt road, and a few more miles riding on highway 285 up to Kenosha Pass (from the south).

Perhaps the best way to combine the two is to camp at Lost Creek, and do the Lost Creek ride the afternoon of arrival, and the big Kenosha-Georgia-Breck ride the next day (by driving to the trailhead).

It's been a few years, but I'm gonna guess the Lost Creek ride is 3 hours round trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.