Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey if anyone finds a digital camera out on the trails in Auburn. I stopped and took a shot at the Outlook area on the Connector trail and stuffed it back into a side pocket on my camelback and then halfway along the Upper Loop going clockwise I realized it had jumped out. So somewhere in those six miles....I turned around and searched for it but didn't see it.
If anyone found it I'd sure be appreciative of getting it back. I'm pretty bummed needless to say.

Thanks for keeping an eye out. I'll reward someone with a case of beer of their liking if it gets returned!:cool:

If you could pass the word to people you may know that were riding up there on Monday and ask around...well, thanks a bunch for your help.

·
Wuss extraordinare
245 Posts
Ouch dude, that sucks, so when were you up there (time wise?) That might help others with your quest. Also when is the next YUM meeting? It's been a while. Finally we need to get together and finally go for a ride after all of these years knowing each other! Check you later and good luck on your quest I'll let people I know, Know about your loss.

Mike

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Albino for keeping an eye open and asking around.
YUM meetings are the second Monday of every month(like last night!) at Steve's Place in Davis.

I'm out next weekend, but the following I'd be down for a ride that Sunday.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Headed there now...

I'm hittin connector in an hour....I look around carefully on the downhill after the overlook..we'll do FDLT clockwise and then back to connector...

report back by 2pm

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anotherbrian said:
Wow. It is almost like Best Buy up there now. First someone lost a GPS, now a camera ... somebody needs to take a PS3 up there. :)
You know, I was thinking the same thing yesterday after lossing my camera. "What is Auburn, the Bermuda Triangle for electircal gadgetry of mountianbikers or something?!":madman:

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bigboulder said:
I'm hittin connector in an hour....I look around carefully on the downhill after the overlook..we'll do FDLT clockwise and then back to connector...

report back by 2pm
Thanks BB. Sounds like you're doing exactley what I did yesterday, except I turned around when I hit the picnic table by the road.
Good luck....I guess to me, eh?
Thanks for being on the lookout for a shiny object.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
short ride....

Internal14 said:
Thanks BB. Sounds like you're doing exactley what I did yesterday, except I turned around when I hit the picnic table by the road.
Good luck....I guess to me, eh?
Thanks for being on the lookout for a shiny object.:thumbsup:
I was thinking I would get a few hours on the bike but, as it turned out I was barely able to get in 45 minutes so I shot up to upper clemintine rd. and went down to connector...to the lookout and back. looked carefully in sections you would have been riding downhill...nothing....sorry.

·
Wuss extraordinare
245 Posts
So this weekend was not good on the electronics front, I broke my ipod in a fall at the end of the fdlt it was one of those stupid 2 mile an hour I stopped on a tree root and fell over wrecks, and bam the screen is broken, damn! I figured out the yum meeting was gonna happen a little too late to be able to make it but next month for sure!

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
albino rhino said:
So this weekend was not good on the electronics front, I broke my ipod in a fall at the end of the fdlt it was one of those stupid 2 mile an hour I stopped on a tree root and fell over wrecks, and bam the screen is broken, damn! I figured out the yum meeting was gonna happen a little too late to be able to make it but next month for sure!
Yet another electronic device bites the dust in the Auburn area, sheesh. Sorry to hear bro.:madman:

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bigboulder said:
I was thinking I would get a few hours on the bike but, as it turned out I was barely able to get in 45 minutes so I shot up to upper clemintine rd. and went down to connector...to the lookout and back. looked carefully in sections you would have been riding downhill...nothing....sorry.
I lost it somewhere north/northeast of the lookout....further "up" Connector.

Thanks for thinking of it though anyways.:thumbsup:
I know someone's going ot find it...it's just a matter of time and hoping they are 1. honest, 2. Willing to go through a little hassle to jump online to MTBR/ridemonkey/craigslist to try and find me.

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Acadian said:
:eek: hope you had already erased all those kinky pics of you and me on it???? :D

good luck finding it...

reminds me of THIS STORY just a different ending :(
I think there were a few disturbing pics left on it...you better get up there and pound trail untill you find my camera! :p
That other story has a nice happpy ending...maybe mine will too?!:skep:

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ba-bump
anybody see any shining object out there lately? It's probably a solid block of ice by now...

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Hmm, I'm thinking I might need to duct tape my cell phone and camera to the inside of my pack next time I hit the Culvert/Confluence DH. :)

Sorry to hear that bro, I'll keep an eye out if I hit that trail in the next couple days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.