Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:madman: :madman: :madman:
"Don't overtighten the pinchbolts" they say...blah blah blah.:madmax: Well now I've lost one. This both sucks and blows. Especially because I noticed as I'm preping to hit the trail this morning. So what's the mtbr quick verdict...ride or wait to replace?

Thanks,
-kcavt

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rats - common sense is messing with my schedule;) . You're right, not worth the risk ($250 for new lowers I think). I bet it would be fine, but cracking something would a bigger bummer.
British Open is pretty entertaining right now anyhow...even though I think golf is kinda lame.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I've realised that i hadn't tightened the pinch bolts a couple of times- usually the non threaded end- and i didn't have any problems, i think you'll be fine.
The distributors in the UK are now supplying spacer shims to fit in the dropouts to prevent overtightening and possibly cracking the lowers, they are giving them out free, but i'm not sure if they've had them made or they are from fox usa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.