Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple times after riding a while my TALAS '04 losses most of its travel. It goes down to ~40-50 mm. It doesn't matter what travel setting it is on, and that the air pressure is right for my wieght. Also, if I stop and get off the bike, it slowly extends back to full travel. Any ideas what's going on? Could find anything in the archives. Thanks.

-Robert

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 2004. I bought it in June. No, I haven't serviced the TALAS side yet. On a side note, I've evened put more air into the fork than for my wieght.

-ROb

·
Bodhisattva
10,833 Posts
I've never done and have been told that those contents are under pressure. My understanding is that it should be done by a Fox certified technician and requires special know-how & parts.

If you're in Boulder than I recommend you drive up 287 to Loveland and have the guys at PUSH take a look at it.

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
I second Squeaky's suggestion. Get you TALAS PUSH'd. You'll basically get a brand new shock back that is better than the original!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The fork is still under warranty, so I've broken down and send it back to them. I just hate down time. I would love to have it PUSHed, but free repair vs $185 is a big difference. Once teh warranty runs out, and I've got some money....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts