Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help deciding on what trail to work on.
I am organizing a SDMBA Trail-work event at Los Penasquitos for Feb. 17th, I have two locations to choose from, Sidehill or Little Waimea, which trail is in the most need of trail work.

Thanks

·
Bike Geek
192 Posts
Which part is "Little Waimea"? Sidehill could always use work, especially right now since Spring rain can either destroy or help firm up the parts that are rutted/washed out right now before we get into summer.

·
"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx
1,317 Posts
TCB said:
Need help deciding on what trail to work on.
I am organizing a SDMBA Trail-work event at Los Penasquitos for Feb. 17th, I have two locations to choose from, Sidehill or Little Waimea, which trail is in the most need of trail work.

Thanks
Little Waimea. There are sections of it that run with the flow of water and usually develop a healthy ditch during heavy rains. Sidehill is pretty off camber and stays in decent shape.

Having said that, I haven't been out in a while so I don't really know he condition of either trail.

YR

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
what are those sections?

the brush could use cutting back on the trail that goes from the top of the north side plateau, down the hill passed guacamole lake and down to the waterfall bench/view point...

daley ranch could have some ruts filled, water bars added...

san clemente could probably use the most work clearing around either end. as well as clearing the bathhousers out of the parking lot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What time? Where? How long?

What time and where are you going to meet up? How long? I have no idea where those sections are, but since I now live right down the street it's my new home trail.:thumbsup:

John

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the info for the trail work.

TRAIL WORK AT LOS PENASQUITOS, FEBRUARY 17TH 8:00 A.M.

Join SDMBA for trail work and a ride at Los Peñasquitos, Saturday the 17th at 8:00am. We are working on a trail called Little Waimea.

After the trail work we'll raffle off schwag courtesy of Bicycle Warehouse. After the raffle we'll go for a ride on newly opened singletrack, so bring your bike. (A helmet is required for the ride.)

Bring: sturdy clothing, shoes, gloves, eye protection, water and a snack.

All tools and training will be provided.

Directions: From Hwy 56 take El Camino Real south (right), El Camino Real turns into Carmel Mountain Rd, Turn right on E Ocean Air Drive, turn left on Torrey Circle (driveway to Torry Ride Apt complex) follow the driveway to the top and to the right you'll see a dirt road, go up the dirt road. Stay straight, park at the top of the hill and walk down to the trail.
Thomas Guide 1208 C3, Downloadable PDF Map of Los Penasquitos

Please R.S.V.P. to [email protected]

·
Bike Geek
192 Posts
Hope the weather cooperates - a little rain early in the week followed by warm temps and sun should make for good working conditions. We should be able to spot any potential erosion spots, too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.