1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve Ranger staff:

The recent rains have been too much for the Los Pen trails to handle,
therefore the County and City Rangers determined to close all trails
in Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve until further notice.

Gina Washington, Senior Park Ranger
Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve
Open Space Division
City of San Diego Park and Recreation Department
858-538-8066

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Does that mean it will be closed for three days after rains stop? This would be on par with how Orange County handles their county parks. Or does this mean until they decide to open the park?

·
Its only 1" on the map!
1,162 Posts
Oliver said:
Does that mean it will be closed for three days after rains stop? This would be on par with how Orange County handles their county parks. Or does this mean until they decide to open the park?
A couple, three days is the norm for Los Pen Canyon, but I think in this case it will be closed for longer than that. That canyon is one of the worst in San Diego County for drying out in a timely manner. It has that clay that just both sticks to your wheels until you have a 100lb bike and the wheels on turn. At the same time you create bad gouges in the trail. Sweetwater is also another one that stays soggy for a long time. Daley Ranch and Anderson TT are a couple of good post rain ride options.

·
Bike Geek
192 Posts
Glad I got in 2 great rides there this weekend. :) Last time we had a good rain it was closed for about a week - I called 3-4 days in a row to check the status.

It's my usual local ride, so having it closed for a bit will get me out somewhere new. Methinks it's time to explore Daley Ranch a bit more...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.