Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should mention that we need to bikes for 2 weeks in late autumn.
So we need a shop where we can reservate the bikes.

We're 2 guys coming from germany just for bike riding...but it is almost impossible to bring our own bikes.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Los Angeles is a very large area, where exactly are you going to be and what kind of bikes are you looking for? Also most places that do rent charge $50 or more a day so I don't know if that'll have an impact on your budget.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We will stay probably in Thousand Oaks...but could pick up the bikes somewhere else.
We're looking for Trailbikes or Enduro-Bikes...so full suspension.
I found a store in Las Vegas that rents Specialized Camber for 300 USD for 2 weeks.
I guess 400 would also be ok.

·
climber
111 Posts
You could try "BikeAttack.com" in Santa Monica. They carry some sweet rides for mountain biking and the owner has a preference for down hill riding.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found a shop that can rent us Cannondale Scalpel 1.
What do you think about those? I think it's good for most trails I knew from when I was in the Thousand Oaks area in 2010.
But this time we want also to ride some other areas, for example San Juan Trail in Laguna Beach, Morrow Bay, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz.
Or do we need bikes with more travel?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Yet another for Topanga Creek. Be advised, though - some of the best trails near T.O. have burned this week. They'll probably be open by the time you get here, but anything in Sycamore canyon is considered burnt crispy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is around 150 miles of ST in Las Vegas, NV just East of you- definitely worth checking out. I used Bike Blast Las Vegas to rent a bike and it even came with a professional tour guide to show me all the cool trail systems in the area.

·
Got rocks?
818 Posts
The path bike shop south of LA but lots of bikes to choose from. Also Incycle bikes too. Pro bike supply in Newport Beach area too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts