Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... just wanted to share the good news. The jumps are perfect. The pump track needs some packing down in the berms, though.

Let's hope that we do not get much (better not any) snow over the weekend.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@rcstylin: Fort Collins, Lory State Park - Corral Skills Park. Enter Lory, pay your dues. The Corral is on the first road to the left. You cannot miss it. It is very visible from the main road. Just about a couple of hundred yards east of it.

@liqwid: Shut down due to snow.

@nomad rdr: Gets even funnier. Just found out that only the first 75 to show up will get the subscription. I probably do an 80 miles gaper loop just for the questionable fun of it.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Zero to a trace is now the forecast

All weather reporting stations are now saying zero to a just a trace of snow for Fort Collins area for today's snow event. :thumbsup:

Much colder though. :mad: :yikes:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
joelalamo45 said:
So are there any actual expert/pro lines?
No. It is all tables. 5 lines all in all, ranging from 2' high tables to +7' high. Well build. Lips and proportions (height versus length) are excellent. But nothing big like Crankworxs.

That's why I like it so much, though. It is perfect to learn. For beginners as well as for advanced riders. Yesterday a few youngsters were dialing 360s. They tumbled down the tables a few times. No consequences.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: 1cm = 7/16" snow dust

So DJs should be good by Tuesday again.

The trails on the other hand were just great yesterday. Most of the mud is frozen. Towers/Mill Creek is a blast. Dry or slightly snow packed. No Mud. Also checked the new trail connecting Timber and West Valley. I think it is named 'Kommis' or something like that. Fun trail. Up Timber to the false summit and down the new trail could be a fast and furious short loop or warm up for DJs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Kaba Klaus said:
So DJs should be good by Tuesday again.

The trails on the other hand were just great yesterday. Most of the mud is frozen. Towers/Mill Creek is a blast. Dry or slightly snow packed. No Mud. Also checked the new trail connecting Timber and West Valley. I think it is named 'Kommis' or something like that. Fun trail. Up Timber to the false summit and down the new trail could be a fast and furious short loop or warm up for DJs.
The new trail is Kimmons. I rode timber > kimmons > valley trail hot lap earlier. A little snow pack in some areas, light dusting or dry for the rest. Aside from the brutal headwind that picked up on the road from reservoir ridge to lory, conditions were about perfect.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
medio-core said:
The new trail is Kimmons. I rode timber > kimmons > valley trail hot lap earlier. A little snow pack in some areas, light dusting or dry for the rest. Aside from the brutal headwind that picked up on the road from reservoir ridge to lory, conditions were about perfect.
I saw your tire marks! Rode it late afternoon. Prestine conditions. Blast of a descend. Pinch flat traps and sudden turns. Very yummy!

Thanks for posting the correct name. Kimmons it is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.