Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
aka dan51
Joined
·
6,022 Posts
ddraewwg said:
OT: Couldn't help but notice your 110 top cap. What is up with it? Do my eyes deceive me or does it flare out...looks like a mushroom. Never seen that before.
I think the headset comes with both short and tall caps. Tall cap is at the bottom, while short cap is at the top. Should probably have been left off...

Includes tall and short bearing caps and color matched spacers in 3 sizes totaling 17.5mm
 

·
flow where ever you go
Joined
·
1,528 Posts
dan51 said:
I think the headset comes with both short and tall caps. Tall cap is at the bottom, while short cap is at the top. Should probably have been left off...
That doesn't explain why the top is mushrooming, does it?
 

·
Founder: Dirty3hirties
Joined
·
2,031 Posts
dan51 said:
I think the headset comes with both short and tall caps. Tall cap is at the bottom, while short cap is at the top. Should probably have been left off...
Right....but the short cap should have been used in lieu of the tall cap....basically if you wanted a lower bar height.....not on top of the stem. I didn't even think that it would work on top of the stem.
 

·
aka dan51
Joined
·
6,022 Posts
It's mushrooming on top because he has the wrong piece on top. The bearing topcap is wide at the bottom. Since it was placed above the stem it appears to be mushrooming out. I would have figured THC would have caught it and changed it.....

ddraewwg said:
Right....but the short cap should have been used in lieu of the tall cap....basically if you wanted a lower bar height.....not on top of the stem. I didn't even think that it would work on top of the stem.
My guess is since it comes with two, it might not be obvious that you only need to use one. So when you're left with spare parts, put them somewhere......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well fellas....ya'll are right. Mushroom it is! THC actually got it right in the first place, but I kinda changed it a bit. I was told that you can actually do it this way and it will only bring down your bar a little bit on a lower side and I could care less about that. I just did not want mine to look like everyone elses rides...gotta be diff. I guess. To some, it would look ugly...or weird looking. But you gotta see it in person....it's [email protected]%*n awsome!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Purpose it is!

derby said:
I bet he did it on purpose instead of normal spacers. Spacers are kind of ugly. That looks interesting, and is a bit safer having a wider face to plant soft tissue into.
Not only having the spacer makes it look weak and boring....this one makes it stand out and you let it be known that CANE CREEK has arrived....yay area!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shrooms!

bayareaflip said:
Well fellas....ya'll are right. Mushroom it is! THC actually got it right in the first place, but I kinda changed it a bit. I was told that you can actually do it this way and it will only bring down your bar a little bit on a lower side and I could care less about that. I just did not want mine to look like everyone elses rides...gotta be diff. I guess. To some, it would look ugly...or weird looking. But you gotta see it in person....it's [email protected]%*n awsome!
Let me rephrased what I had just posted: Actually, alot of the bikes here has that red flare going, so I guess mine looks like everyone elses rides. But, I have never seen one with the "flare" on the CC110. So, a little change is probably not bad at all...happy holidays!
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top