Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I tried to place an order today for a red one and they are sold out.

I have been waiting a long time to get this product and checked with Ibis on availability.

They assured me last week that their latest delivery would handle all request for weeks and weeks, if not months, to come.

The next delivery timeframe........mid January.........Very frustrating........great bike, poor Ibis product ordering from China or wherever.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Mate.... sorry to hear you've missed out..
I too had been waiting a long time, but I was lucky enough to check the forums 15mins after Hans posted they were back in stock.
In the current economic climate, I'd say it's good business management to keep as little stock as possible and minimise the amount of debt. You can't really blame Ibis for that.
I can empathise that it's frustrating, but you just need to be patient. Mid Jan is not htat far away, especially seeing that it's silly season and time will fly by.

·
Mojo0115
1,667 Posts
I guess the demand is much higher than anyone would have thought (at least for the color red).

One thing that is interesting to me is how connected the Ibis owner must be as while the stores probably have been ordering these as well for local stock you would assume that most of the sales would be to individuals like us. I am surprised how fast the word must have gotten out and around for the red links to already be sold out given that a large number would have arrived on the 2nd batch.

·
Reviewer/Tester
6,176 Posts
My advice... As the Lopes link is easy to fit on the bike, buy whatever color you can get from Hans and then order the red one when it comes in in January.
Then, sell the one you have on the bike for a decent price, and fit the new red link.

That way, you can have the benefit of the link and don't have to wait.

R.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
rangehound said:
Well, I tried to place an order today for a red one and they are sold out.

I have been waiting a long time to get this product and checked with Ibis on availability.

They assured me last week that their latest delivery would handle all request for weeks and weeks, if not months, to come.

The next delivery timeframe........mid January.........Very frustrating........great bike, poor Ibis product ordering from China or wherever.
calm down!

christ

buy a blue one and spray paint it

mx

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.