Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a used set of shimano dx m647 pedals. they were too cheap to pass up and in great shape but for (maybe) one thing - the platforms on both pedals have some play, as in i can grab the axle and wiggle the pedal around a bit in the platform. there's no damage as far as i can tell, and i've been able to find only one reference to this issue, which mentioned it only in passing. soooo, my questions are: a) is this normal? b) if not, is it a problem? c) if so, what's my fix? thanks :D

·
Picture Unrelated
5,123 Posts
It's pretty typical of those pedals as they age. I can't remember exactly, but you should be able to pop off the cover at the end of the axle and get in there with a 10mm socket to adjust a nut. I'd take the nut off, clean it up, and put it back on with a very small amount of blue locktite. Don't get locktite into the housing and into the bearings, that's bad.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mine have done that from the day I got them (new) I have had them for about 6 months now and have not had a single issue I would not worry too much about it I think they are supposed to be like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.