Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so nashbar doesnt have the gt peace 9r in my size so i'm going back to plan A, which is the monocog flight. (when i can afford it).
couple questions.
does this bike have an EBB? horizontal dropouts? any surprises i should be aware of?
thanks.

·
Short-Change-Hero
6,534 Posts
Budget, need, riding style? There are some good offerings out there in the 29er form if you look. Felt has a 8spd 29er for $600, $900, and up. Giant has an 8spd for $700, $1000 steps you up to the next level. There are companies out there coming up with some great ones and if you are not averse to buying on the internet then you also have Bikesdirect....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gregnash, needs; mountain, errands, fun and recreation with the family, boardwalk. looking for my new everything bike.
riding style; i'm kind of on the heavy side, at 255 pounds and most of our offroad stuff here is basic and technical singletrack with some mild uphills and downhills.
budget; the price of the gt was perfect. the redline is a bit high and if need be i can squeeze out a grand but i'd rather not have to. i figure on about 500. to 850.
also, i like steel frames and i think i wanna get into a single speed.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
gregnash said:
This should work just fine for what you want and way under your budget...
I would be leary of going to the internet to get a bike.

If your new to cycling (which seems to be the case based on your posts), I would go to a local bike store that you can trust. Hopefully they can steer you in the right direction as far as the bike goes as well as providing some fitting advise and service.

If this isn't your first bike in years, and you know what you want and what fits you then the internet can be a great resource to find good deals. A bike that doesn't fit right will be one that never gets ridden and will wind up being a waste of money.

For what your planning on doing with the bike, sounds like you may need a different set of tires and possibly some different cogs for your SS.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the windsor is a good deal but i'm gonna stick with cro mo.
david, i'm not new to mountain biking but i've been riding my little 16 inch steel framed 26 for a million years.
M S, i just cant stand the cantilever posts.
i spoke to a few different people at nashbar and some seem to believe they may get the mediums in again. it's gonna take me a while to sell my iro mark V anyway so if they dont get the gt, i'll just wait until i can afford the redline.

·
Registered
2020 Salsa Horsethief; 2021 Surly Krampus
851 Posts
Are you opposed to buying used? There is a medium Flight for sale in my local (NC) club. PM me if interested and I can forward the link.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.