Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
GeoMan
1,706 Posts
SSweetleaf said:
Yeaa it does seem like a nice day for a ride. I wonder if there is anything ridable up here in Santa Fe. Anyone have a trail report from Santa Fe? Cerrillos?
Raining right now over here in Tesuque... :(

Hope you found some sun, SSweetleaf!

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
crux said:
Yep the SS needs to get out and see some miles today. With daughter in tow don't think were going to far out
Hope everyone made it out today...in one way or another. Here's a few highlights from today

Me on a tasty little descent

Something is missing....Crux knows what it is:madman:

Ah...yes! Breaktime...no powerbars here:D

On with the show. Here is Supra on a tricky chute

Supra again on a nice little trailside obstacle

And myself..

·
Registered
789 Posts
West Alb volcano area

Rode the Volcano areas west of town. Mostly packed sandy stuff, the snow and rains seem to have packed the trail good enough to ride...very little wind, plent of sun....climbing the volcano was tricky...tons of loose lava rocks.....good shake down for the new bike....Planning on riding Monday north FH's around noon....how do the north FH look...right now it is all coverd in clouds...

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pcupach said:
Rode the Volcano areas west of town. Mostly packed sandy stuff, the snow and rains seem to have packed the trail good enough to ride...very little wind, plent of sun....climbing the volcano was tricky...tons of loose lava rocks.....good shake down for the new bike....Planning on riding Monday north FH's around noon....how do the north FH look...right now it is all coverd in clouds...
North is no good unless you hit it in the early AM (read before 9:30). South is a better option for tomorrow, IMO.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
supramk388 said:
Nice move Bryan :thumbsup: that section was steep and very loose but as always you cleaned it like nothing! Big balls and mad skills bro :)
No pictures of the nasty double-step up top?

Or am I thinking of a diffferent section of trail?

·
Registered
789 Posts
That would have been a better ride than the Volcanos...but I think we previously established that a few messages ago...so was it muddy/packed/slick/...was the snow melting into the creek beds?

·
Registered
789 Posts
I dont believe I can get to the FH before 0930 Monday....Either way it is better to be on the bike in mud than to be at work

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AndyN said:
No pictures of the nasty double-step up top?

Or am I thinking of a diffferent section of trail?
spot-on Andy. Nope, freakin' amateurs:D

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
pcupach said:
so was it muddy/packed/slick/...was the snow melting into the creek beds?
Snow? no snow...its sorta like riding on rails:thumbsup:

* The south foothills are NOT muddy. The north foothills after 9:30-10:00 is a mudfest at least until Tues night;)

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
spot-on Andy. Nope, freakin' amateurs:D
Tim and I each rolled up on that biatch half a dozen times last south foothills outing.

I don't know if the move got worse or I have.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
AndyN said:
Tim and I each rolled up on that biatch half a dozen times last south foothills outing.

I don't know if the move got worse or I have.
Last time I (successfully) cleaned it I was on my Bighit a few years back. I never even looked at it again after that until a few weeks ago. It definitely takes some commitment.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics. We're getting rain/slushy snow here. No riding for me this weekend. Living vicariously through your photos. :D

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
Last time I (successfully) cleaned it I was on my Bighit a few years back. I never even looked at it again after that until a few weeks ago. It definitely takes some commitment.
Yeah it's been a year or two since I cleaned it. I was on the 5Spot and don't recall it being overly difficult...

but an OTB there would be very, very bad.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts